3 New Albums You Should Listen To

3 New Albums You Should Listen To

Music is a great way to brighten your day or change how you feel.

In the past year or two, some of my favorite artists have come back with fantastic albums. These albums often get me through a long study session or a rough night's sleep. Music is a great way to brighten your day or change how you feel. If you're looking for some new albums to add to your library, here are a few I recommend giving a listen.

1. Froot by Marina and the Diamonds

Froot is the oldest album on this list, but still fairly recent. It was released in 2015, following the title track "Froot" in 2014. Originally, the album was going to be released one song every month starting in April, 2015, but ended up being bumped forward due to internet leaks. This album is a mash of multiple different facets of pop: dream pop, synth-pop, electronic, indie pop, and even a bit of rock. The vocals are often raw and hypnotizing. I've been listening to "I'm A Ruin" on repeat for the past week.

2. Wonderful Wonderful by The Killers

Ever since the single, "The Man," was released, I was hyped for The Killers album "Wonderful Wonderful." The album's title track is also hype-worthy, and vaguely reminiscent of Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain." This American rock band's album is more personal about being a man, and Brandon Flower's life. Lots of the songs have ties to his life and family. They're well worth a listen, as I'm sure the struggles Flower's faces can be relatable.

3. Lost in Translation by New Politics

I wasn't aware that New Politics had a new album until earlier this week, which was a fantastic surprise. "Lost in Translation" was released early this month, October 6th, 2017. New Politics never fails to bring fantastic Danish rock music with a cheery, yet deep meaning, to the forefront. The songs are meant to reflect on life after touring and being successful, along with reinventing themselves after bonding as bandmates. "One of Us" and "CIA" are two of my favorite songs off of this album.