3 Up And Coming Models At Howard University That You Need To Know

Why these #HowardWomenDoItBetter.

304
Chidimma Achebe

Howard University’s hill is more of a catwalk than an actual walkway. The term “dress for success” if one of the biggest understatements I have ever heard when applied to our university. While I have seen some of the most beautiful women in the world simply walking to their history class, there are many women on Howard University’s campus who aspire toward a career in modeling. I’m not talking about the casual Instagram model, I mean these women have put in time to perfect their craft. They walk in shows, model for fashion websites, start their own make-up companies, and use their platforms as models to put good into the world. These are Howard Women. Confident, beautiful, black and striving.

Dupe

Age: 20

When did you start modeling?: I started modeling a little when I was 7 but didn't get serious until I came to Howard my freshman year.

What is your biggest aspiration when it comes to your modeling career?: My biggest dream is to one day get signed to an agency that will allow me to pioneer a platform for the unconventional notion that black is beautiful.

What outside modeling projects have you been involved in?: I have been modeling for EzClothin', which is an African apparel clothing company.

For more of Dupe, her Instagram handle is @thedupester

Chidimma "Chidi" Achebe

Age: 20

When did you start modeling?: I started getting more serious with modeling once I came to Howard.

What is your biggest aspiration when it comes to your modeling career?: My biggest aspiration when it comes to my modeling career is making a respectable name for myself while having fun, representing my brand, and modeling for a cause bigger than myself.

How did you launch your make-up and hair business, Checked by Chidi, and why?: I launched Checked by Chidi after motivation from my friends and family, encouraging me to broadcast my talents. I love being able to make a girl feel beautiful and confident.

For more Chidi, her instagram handle is @chidi.maa, and her Checked by Chidi handle is @checkedbychidi

Jaeda Thomas

Age: 20

When did you start modeling?: I started at 19 when my personal style blog, petiteetchic.com, dropped in April. I model my personal style. Being that I'm very small, I'm showing petite females how I dress for my size. My modeling is a way for me to display my passion for styling.

What is your biggest aspiration when it comes to your modeling career?: My biggest aspiration would be for people to see my blog and want me to style for them or even model for their clothing line.

What outside modeling projects are you working on?: I'm on the executive board for Howard University's Elite Models as a stylist. As a stylist, I pick clothing and accessories for Elite photo shoots and fashion shows.