3 Important Job Skills You’ll Learn During Sorority Recruitment

27
  1. Interviewing.

During recruitment, it’s necessary you make a lasting impression to stand out amongst the hundreds of other girls going through the process. Conversing about your favorite Netflix series may be fun, but can be easily forgotten. Just like in an ordinary job interview, pick your favorite passions and learn to talk about them concisely! Your hobbies and accomplishments are much more likely to impress than the fact that you finished the entire How I Met Your Mother series in under 2 weeks.

2. Dress to impress.

The old adage “don’t judge a book by its’ cover” is nearly impossible to adhere to, especially when you’re meeting someone for the first time. Sorority women spend a lot of time preparing to meet you (coordinating matching outfit colors, shoes, and accessories for 100+ girls is no easy task.) And just like in a job interview, when you show a similar effort to look the part, it leaves a positive first impression. Learning to pick outfits appropriate for any occasion will ensure that your clothes never take the attention away from your personality and ideas.

3. Rejection can happen, but it’s okay.

It’s likely that you will be cut from a sorority you felt connected with at least once during recruitment. There are several reasons this can happen, and they may be completely unrelated to your personality (for example, you might not meet a minimum GPA requirement.) Just like in the corporate world, it’s best to shake off rejection. Instead of wasting energy being upset about the decision, use your time to look for a new sorority you click with, or a new dream job. In the end, if it’s meant to be, it will be.