3 business ideas based on invention of new products

A patent confers on its owner an industrial property right over an invention, which mainly results in a prohibition of exploitation by another person of said invention, over a certain period of time and over a given territorial area.

19

This space can be a state or a group of states. If the owner of the patent does not wish to exploit his invention himself, his rights may be licensed. In this article, I am going to talk about three business ideas based on products that have gone through the process of continuous improvement.

1 - An award-winning board game

The table games sector is going through a golden age, new games are coming out every day, and the level of quality has nothing to do with the most emblematic games of the past. A product like Monopoly, for example, is a very long game, with too much weight of chance, a very basic and very unbalanced mechanics. Nowadays, the games that go out to the market go through a testing phase that checks the balance of the game (that no player can take definite advantage with a particular tactic, for example), the time necessary to a game, and there is a lot less random weight.

2- A product that solves a small daily problem

You already know that the best business ideas are the ones that solve problems. No need to reinvent the wheel or be the first to discover the interstellar trip, but give a solution to some customers willing to pay for it.

It is a simple accessory to order and hold your power or connectivity cables. It's something that happens too many: we have cell phone chargers, phones or tablets plugged in near our desk, and we usually leave them there because it's the point we always come back to. However, every time we leave, and despite trying to keep the cables on the table, they tend to fall to the ground, get tangled up, etc. With this product, a very simple solution is given since the cables are held even when they are disconnected.

Right now this product is in the optimization phase of materials, to have an accessory adaptable to any table width, and of course elegant and resistant. This phase is very advanced and will soon be commercialized.

3- Product

We used to talk about table games. If you are familiar with the subject, you will surely meet Carcassonne, one of the most famous strategy titles of recent years. In this game, there are some figurines called "meeples ", which represent the characters of each player.

From there, the idea of the playful coasters marketed was born, where the characters have a very funny look, from the astronaut to the ninja to the pirate. It is a product that everyone may like, but that makes a special grace to people accustomed to board games.

Those are just three examples. In all cases, some inventors connected with business companies, so that their project materialized in commercialization.