3 Blessings To Be Grateful For When Going Back To The Indian Subcontinent

And 3 things to miss when you have to head back to school!

26

When we visit the homeland (aka, anywhere in the Indian subcontinent), there are some truly divine blessings we must always be grateful for:

The food:

There is no doubt about it, food in the motherland is heaven on earth! Whether it's street food (yes, you do have to watch your stomach but believe me, the taste is so worth it!) or a home-cooked meal, the delicious aromas and tastes of home have zero comparison!

Time with family and friends:

It's wonderful to spend time with the people who are nearest and dearest to you, especially when you don't get to see them as often as you'd like. You stay up late playing games, talking till dawn, and going out and about to have fun. You get to catch up with one another (because honestly, no amount of social media substitutes actually seeing one another!) and blissfully enjoy each other’s company. It is one of the best feelings in the world!

Late nights:

The lighted Shaadi halls, the delicious food places which are often open well into the wee hours of the morning, plus the music playing from the different roadside places to eat...all in all, there is a separate life at night which is mesmerizing and gives an air of liveliness to the atmosphere.

All in all, coming back to the motherland (whether you're from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, or any nation in the subcontinent) is always a treat to cherish. The sense of love and home and familiarity you feel is ingrained within you, and it is eternal!

Are there other parts that you love? Let me know in the comments!