3 Shoe Brands I'm No Longer Buying

3 Shoe Brands I'm No Longer Buying

I love sneakers, but it's time for me to let these brands go.

42

My frustration with certain sneaker brands started long ago, but a recent hole in my fifth pair of Supergas was the last straw for me. Here are three sneaker brands that I am forcing myself to say goodbye to.

1. Superga

I have been the most avid Superga fan since I was a freshman in high school. My first pair was the classic white; I wore them every single day to the point where I would simply brush off the comments from boys at my high school who would laugh and call them my nursing shoes. Since that pair, I've been through four others, all white or black platforms. I will always love the look of them, but I am tired of pretending to love the holes in the canvas at the toe that inevitably appears after about a month of wearing them. No, my shoes are not too small, and it shouldn't matter that I wear them too often. After a few months, the Supergas start to look the most worn-down I've ever seen a pair of sneakers, so I have decided to stop spending eighty dollars time and time again for the sake of fashionable nursing shoes.

2. Vans

Vans are the shoe that I consistently buy and just as consistently neglect. Even the coolest pairs (including my platform checkered ones), are pushed aside as I find myself reaching every day for my Air Force 1s or a pair of black booties. I simply hate the way Vans fit around my ankles. And look with my short legs. This is probably a personal preference, but I've decided it's best for me to stop spending sixty bucks on this brand so I can stop feeling heartbreak when I realize months later I haven't worn the shoes more than once.

3. Converse

This may sound controversial considering Converse is so widely appreciated by people of all ages, but I have never shared this great infatuation with the brand. The low-tops are versatile but they appear very basic, too basic, for my liking, and the high tops are yet another shoe that cut me off strangely at the ankle and do not flatter my short legs (again, a personal opinion). I feel like with all the sneakers in the world to choose from, why stick with Converse? It's time for people to start branching out with their footwear!