28 SPN Gifs That Perfectly Explain Customer Service

"7. When a coworker calls out at the last minute and leaves you stranded."

223

I needed a job badly because I needed to make money. I'm a college student, I need way more money than I could ever make. People told me to go into retail/ food service because it was the easiest thing to get into. Mind you, I'm an INTJ, so I already really dislike people; put myself into food service? I hate them even more now. Here's a compilation of GIFs that describe my experience working in food service.

1. When a customer yells at you [about anything]

2. When you're obviously busy making the customer's food and they come up and ask for a cup of water while it's obvious your coworkers aren't doing anything

3. The customer has to walk past the sides to get to the register, yet they act offended when you don't hand it to them

4. Customers who don't answer, "Hi! How are you?"

5. Customers that come in two minutes before you close

6. Being understaffed

7. When a coworker calls out last minute and leaves you stranded

8. Juggling full-time school and work at the same time

9. Older, male customers that flirt with you

10. Baby boomers seem so angry about everything

11. When a customer says, "Don't worry, take your time"

12. When a customer (non-creepily) compliments you

13. When a customer genuinely wants to know how your day is going

14. When customers leave their trash all over the tables and floors

15. When a customer brings in outside food for their small child and lets said small child throw it all over the floor and not clean up their mess

16. When a customer says, "Give me ______"

17. Heaven forbid you look out of the window for two seconds at the sixth hour of your shift

Mark being a customer.

18. When the shop is crazy busy with a line out of the door and a customer who ordered two minutes ago pushes themselves up to the front and goes, "Uh, yeah, I ordered [insert food here] two minutes ago and still haven't gotten it"

19. When there is a clear, visible divide between the food and drink stations, you hand a customer their food and they look disappointed and say, "Uh, I ordered smoothies, too"

20. "Yeah, I never got my side," said the upset customer, and then I point to the side station that they had to walk by to get to the register

21. An actual thing that actually happened to me:
Me: "Regular or Decaf?"
Customer: *laughs horrendously loudly* "That's a stupid question!"

22. "This was on the menu before!" Friend, you had to pass the massive sign that read "New Menu!" before you walked in here

23. "They made it for me at the [insert other city/state here] location!" Okay, well, I'm not working at that location

24. Being rushed by customers who are far too impatient

25. When customers spit out large orders rather quickly and you just have to hope to God you caught everything

26. When a customer goes, "Actually, can I switch it for that one?" After I've already put the drink in the blender

27. When a customer pays their $5 charge with a $100 bill

28. Making absolutely nothing and still have to deal with a lot of the terrible people in the world

And bonus gif because it's one of my favorites: