27 ACTUALLY Unique College Party Themes

27 ACTUALLY Unique College Party Themes

Here are some unique party ideas, so you don't have to throw another Toga party.

120571
27 ACTUALLY Unique College Party Themes

College is full of sweaty house parties that can be made bearable by one thing and one thing only - a theme. Getting to dress up in a fun costume for a themed party can make almost any person tolerate being shoulder to shoulder with some drunk guy from your psychology lecture. But, themes can grow tiring when you've gone to about a million Hawaiian and toga parties. There are other themes out there! Here are a few suggestions to make your theme party stand out.

1. Aliens and Astronauts

Your party will be out of this world..get it?

2. Ornithology Bros and Lawn Flamingos Darty

What's better than a darty? A darty where everyone is dressed as lawn flamingos. You don't even have to go all out with this one. Enough people on a lawn with a hot pink shirt on will get the point across.

3. Seven Deadly Sins

For this party, each different room of the house is decorated in the theme of each of the seven deadly sins (therefore, you'll need seven rooms). If seven rooms aren't available just have everyone dress as their favorite sin.

4. John Hughes

Whether it's a member of The Breakfast Club or Ferris Bueller himself, a party of all John Hughes movie characters would be totally rad.

5. Boston Tea Party

Get decked out in your colonial best to celebrate the OG American party. And, if you can't find a white button-up or tall socks to tuck your pants into, try dressing as the actual tea.

6. Sexy Historical / Political Figures

Have you ever really wanted to be a dead president, but at the same time give off a little sex appeal? Then this is the party for you!

7. Athletes and Mathletes

Wear your favorite jersey or put on a pair of fake glasses and get ready to party.

8. Slumber Party

In case you needed an excuse to wear your pajamas out.

9. Where's Waldo

Have you ever wanted to be in a life-size Where's Waldo puzzle?

10. Guy Fieri

It's like a normal party, but everyone is just dressed as Guy Fieri.

11. Cowboys and Cacti

Even if you don't live in the Wild West you can still dress like it.

12. Bad and Boujee

Break out your fur coats, brand names and stacks of cash to get ready to make it rain

13. Scientist Chicks and Pickle Rick's

If you've never seen Rick and Morty, you might not get this one. But, you can modify this to be all science related.

14. Decades

You can either pick one decade to rock looks as or have everyone dress up as a different decade.

15. Holidays

Why wait until you're favorite holiday to dress up? Have everyone dress as their favorite holiday.

16. Meme

When you can't think of a good enough theme, so you have everyone dress as their favorite meme.

17. You Are What You Eat

Fulfill this classic saying and dress as your favorite food. Warning, this party will make you hungry.

18. You Are What You Drink

Same concept as above but with drinks.

19. You Are What You Netflix

Again, same as above but with your favorite binge-show character.

20. Vampires and Umpires

One of the more specific and unorthodox options on this list, but honestly why not at this point?

21. Drop it Like F. Scott

Put on a nice tie or a flapper skirt and live lavish for the night like Gatsby did.

22. Dynamic Duos

Grab your boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend or even a stranger for all I care.

23. ABH: Anything But Human

Whether is an animal or an object, make sure to dress up as anything but a human.

24. Get Nauti

This is the kind of nauti your parents would approve of. Dress in an outfit fit for the sea and party like you're on a yacht.

25. Life Alert

Everyone dresses like they own an AARP card.

26. Gym Teachers and Mythical Creatures

Again, this one just rhymed, but - hey - it's fun

27. Pitbull and Pitbulls

Either dress as the rapper Pitbull or the dog breed pit bull.

And that's all, folks! I hope this list gives you some party inspiration!

From Your Site Articles