26 Reasons Why Concerts Are Amazing

26 Reasons Why Concerts Are Amazing

Recently Buzzfeed Published An Article Talking About Why Concerts Suck. Well, They're Wrong.

598
26 Reasons Why Concerts Are Amazing
Juliana Story

Last week, Buzzfeed posted this article, talking about why concerts suck. Now, this article made a bunch of people mad (including myself). So, here's 26 reasons why concerts are actually fun and amazing.

1. Going to concerts is pretty amazing

2. Tickets aren't that bad

For metal concerts, tickets are around $25.

3. How often are there ticket resellers anyways?

4. "So then you have to pay higher price and higher fees." What type of concert are you talking about?

5. Lines aren't that bad, if you get there at a reasonable time.

I usually get there an hour or a half hour early.

6. Yes, crowds are annoying. But so what?

You still get amazing moments like these.

7. Getting a place in the front row is actually amazing

You get better pictures and have a better chance at catching the eye of a band member.

8. Mosh pits aren't that bad

Seriously, there are ways to avoid them. Last concert I went to, my friend and I simply moved spots just to avoid mosh pits. We still had an awesome view of the stage.

9. If you stand further back, you can still see the bands.

The venues I've been to had upper levels where you could see the band

10. "Either way, you're stuck standing on hard concrete for hours." And, you know, having the time of your life listening to your favorite bands.

11. The best part about assigned seating is it doesn't exist (at least at metal concerts).

12. "And with an assigned spot, you still might not be able to see the stage." That's with big venues like Gillette Stadium, not small ones.

13. "You never know what the public bathroom situation is going to be like." That's the same with literally every public bathroom.

14. I've never been to an outdoor music festival, but from what I've heard it's pretty fun.

15. "You're at the complete mercy of the weather, which can make or break the entire event." THAT'S THE FUN OF IT!

16. You make lifelong friends

17. "And the portable toilet issue is even worse than the public bathroom situation." Yeah, because it's a port-a-potty. Those are always bad. And at small venues, they don't have those.

18. Yeah, it takes forever for the bands to come on stage. But that gives you more time to buy merchandise and go to the bathroom. Plus, it builds the excitement.

19. "Then you’re forced to sit through seemingly endless opening acts you don’t care about, just to get to the good stuff." EXCUSE ME? EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME? YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT.

I'm excited for opening bands just as much as I am for the headliner. I've even met people who have gone to shows just for the opening bands. I've also become fans of bands because they were openers.

20. "And once the band you came to see finally performs, you realize they’re not going to play their good songs until the end of the night." Every song is a good song at a concert.

21. Yes, the bright lights can be annoying. But they're there to help get you into the moment. Besides, not all bands constantly use lights.

22. And yes, people recording the concert can be annoying. But, hey, you're probably doing it too. It just gives you a chance to brag about being at a show to your friends.

23. Your feet will hurt, yes, but it's worth it.

24. You will feel proud of yourself for going, because you get to experience moments like this:

25. The crowds can be bad going out, but if you leave early enough they're fine.

26. "And when you finally get home and listen to the album in the private comfort of your home, you realize that THIS is how you should have spent your night in the first place." Um, no. Concerts are amazing because you get to see your favorite bands. Going to concerts is also one way of thanking them for the awesome music they give you.

So please, go to concerts. Don't let other people ruin them for you. Concerts are amazing and fun, and simply the best times of your life.