What are good worship songs?

30 Worship Songs I Listen To When Anxiety Tries To Tell Me Who I Am

Anxiety is strong, but worship is stronger.

201
Claire Fox

It is easy to believe lies when I am in a high anxiety season or even just a high anxiety day. But having a playlist of these songs and listening to it in the background of whatever I am doing really makes a difference. I almost always feel so much better after a few of these songs get in my head, and my thoughts go from anxious to grateful.

1. "Tell Me"

This is one of the songs that carried me through my darkest days of anxiety. The lyrics told me what I desperately needed to hear. "Tell me I am loved. Tell me I am known, that You died for me. I am not alone. You tell me I'm Your child, the one Your heart beats for. I will find my strength knowing I am Yours. You've always known what my heart needs and You tell me". These lyrics get me every time.

2. "Stand in Your Love"

"My fear doesn't stand a chance when I stand in Your love".

3. "I Am No Victim"

This. Is. Such. A. Powerful. Song. Listen to it and see if you aren't encouraged. The whole thing gets me.

4. "King of My Heart"

Singing "You're never gonna let me down", over myself gets me in a better mindset every time.

5. "Tell Me the Truth"

"Tell me the truth, even if it hurts me, even if it's ugly, my heart is open. Tell me the truth, without the self-protection, love can mend what's broken in me and you".

6. "No Longer Slaves"

"I'm no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God." "My fears are drowned in perfect love".

7. "Called Me Higher"

"I could hold on to who I am and never let You change me from the inside". This lyric reminds me that God is making me more like Him every day and He is faithful to use my anxiety for good.

8. "Great is Thy Faithfulness"

"Thou changest not, thy compassions they fail not" "Morning by morning new mercies I see".

9. "Because He Lives"

"Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives every fear is gone. I know He holds my life my future in His hands".

10. "Pieces"

"Your love's not fractured. It's not a troubled mind. It isn't anxious. It's not the restless kind. Your love's not passive. It's never disengaged. It's always present. It hangs on every word You say. Love keeps its promises. It keeps its word. It honors what's sacred, 'cause its vows are good. Your love's not broken. It's not insecure. Your love's not selfish. Your love is pure. You don't give Your heart in pieces. You don't hide Yourself to tease us". The whole bridge of this song is so good, especially if you struggle with any mental illness that warps your thoughts about how others feel about you. It is the perfect reminder that Jesus is the only perfect love.

11. "Lord I Need You"

"Where grace is found is where you are. Where you are Lord I am free".

12. "God, I Look to You"

"God I look to You. I won't be overwhelmed. Give me vision; to see things like You do. God I look to You. You're where my help comes from. Give me wisdom. You know just what to do".

13. "Come Thou Fount (I will Sing)"

"How Your kindness yet pursues me, how Your mercy never fails me".

14. "You Make Me Brave"

"As Your love, in wave after wave, crashes over me. For You are for us. You are not against us. Champion of Heaven. You made a way for all to enter in." "I have heard You calling my name. I have heard the song of love that You sing. So I will let You draw me out beyond the shore into Your grace" "You make me brave. No fear can hinder now the love that made a way".

15. "You Know Me"

"You know when I rise and when I fall. When I come or go You see it all. You hung the stars and you move the sea. And still You know me".

16. "Come to Me"

"I am the Lord your peace, no evil will conquer you. Steady now your heart and mind, come into My rest. Oh, let your faith arise, lift up your weary head. I am with you wherever you go".

17. "Here's My Heart"

"Here's my heart, Lord. Speak what is true I am found, I am Yours I am loved, I'm made pure I have life, I can breathe, I am healed, I am free".

18. "Broken Vessels"

"You take our failure, You take our weakness, You set Your treasure, in jars of clay. So take this heart, Lord I'll be Your vessel. The world to see, Your life in me".

19. "What a Beautiful Name"

"You didn't want heaven without us, so Jesus, You brought heaven down. My sin was great, Your love was greater. What could separate us now?".

20. "Nothing I Hold on to"

"I lean not on my own understanding. My life is in the hands of the Maker of heaven. I give it all to You God, trusting that you'll make something beautiful out of me".

21. "In Christ Alone"

"In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song. This Cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm. What heights of love, what depths of peace. When fears are stilled, when strivings cease. My Comforter, my All in All. Here in the love of Christ I stand" and "No guilt in life, no fear in death this is the power of Christ in me from life's first cry to final breath Jesus commands my destiny. No power of hell, no scheme of man
can ever pluck me from His hand. Till He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand".

22. "Fear Not"

When life piles up and you're feeling overcome, stand still and believe, I won't let you drown. When a cry's in your throat, watching all the waves below, lift your eyes to the sky and trust that I won't pass you by. Fear not, if I could say it any louder, I would. Let me show you what I see, you can't dream too big for Me, so get up get on your way, we've got things to do today".

23. "Do It Again"

"Your promise still stands, great is Your faithfulness, I'm still in Your hands this is my confidence, You've never failed me yet. I know the night won't last, Your Word will come to pass. My heart will sing Your praise again. Jesus, You're still enough, keep me within Your love".

24. "Seasons"

"Like a seed in the snow, I've been buried to grow. Your promise is loyal, from seed to Sequoia. I know, though the winter is long even richer, the harvest it brings. Though my waiting prolongs even greater Your promise for me like a seed, I believe that my season will come." and the bridge, I always love the bridge it seems. "I can see the promise, I can see the future, You're the God of seasons and I'm just in the winter. If all I know of harvest, is that it's worth my patience, then if You're not done working, God I'm not done waiting. You can see my promise, even in the winter cause You're the God of greatness, even in a manger. For all I know of seasons, is that You take Your time. You could have saved us in a second instead You sent a child".

25. "Be Thou My Vision"

"Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise, Thou mine Inheritance, now and always. Thou and Thou only, first in my heart. High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art". This verse always reminds me that it ultimately does not matter what others say about me, which is often the number one source of my anxiety.

26. "Defender"

"You go before I know that You've gone to win my war. You come back with the head of my enemy. You come back and You call it my victory. You go before I know that You've gone to win my war. Your love becomes my greatest defense. It leads me from the dry wilderness. All I did was praise. All I did was worship. All I did was bow down. All I did was stay still".

27. "Behold (Then Sings My Soul)"

Behold I have a friend, The Spirit breathing holy fire within, My ever present help, Speaking truth when I can't find it.

28. "I Am Not Alone"

"I am not alone ,You will go before me, You will never leave me. In the midst of deep sorrow, I see Your light is breaking through. The dark of night will not overtake me. I am pressing into You. Lord, You fight my every battle, oh, and I will not fear".

29. "You Say"

"You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing, You say I am strong when I think I am weak. You say I am held when I am falling short, when I don't belong, oh You say that I am Yours. And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)What You say of me (I) I believe".

30. "Who You Say I Am"

This song gets me lit every time. Literally the whole thing so I'm not even going to choose some lyrics.

Here's my Spotify playlist of these anxiety crushing songs! https://open.spotify.com/user/1243115674/playlist/...