25 Things To Do When You're Bored Over Winter Break

I give it 48 hours

3011
Alexis Collins

So the novelty of home has officially worn off and you're back to reliving the same life you did in high school. If your hometown is anything like mine, this should only take about forty-eight hours. Here some ideas to kickstart your winter break. Make the most out of the time you don't have to make your own meals and surviving off of caffeine.

1. Ice Skating

Although painfully cliche, it is actually a lot of fun.

2. See a movie

Going to the movie theater in college is a commodity. Most of us are just not willing to drop $8 on a movie when we can just watch a movie on Netflix.

3. Build a snowman

Embrace your inner-child and imagine it's Frosty coming to life... Because why not?

4. Go sledding

Sledding is actually really exciting because it's like a roller coaster in the wintertime. There's nothing quite like seeing your life flash before your eyes for enjoyment.

5. Binge-watch Netflix

What a perfect time to do absolutely nothing for hours on end!

6. Make a gingerbread house

Embrace your creative side by participating in this classic holiday tradition. Or just eat gingerbread cookies, that works too.

7. Go on coffee dates

Call up someone you haven't spoken to in a while and go to your favorite coffee shop. Now is the perfect time to catch up with old friends.

8. Take a day trip

There are so many places to go outside of your hometown, take an adventure with your best friends.

9. Hangout with your family

I know you're probably already sick of them, but I promise you will miss them when you go back to school again.

10. Drive around and look at Christmas lights

If people are taking time to put up these lights, you can take the time to go for a nice, relaxing drive to look at them.

11. Go to a painting class

Painting classes are super underrated. You get entertainment and you get a new decoration for your wall.

12. Volunteer

You may be living the life of luxury right now, but you are extremely lucky. Take some time to give back to your community.

13. Bake cookies & drink hot chocolate

A personal favorite, nothing says Christmas time like cookies and hot chocolate.

14. Watch Christmas movies

You can never go wrong with 25 Days of Christmas on Freeform. Host a movie marathon!

15. Skiing/Snowboarding

Take your pick because of, either way, I'm sure you'll be better than me!

16. Read a book

Pleasure reading doesn't usually take the top spot on the priority list, so take this time to do that. Go to the bookstore and find a new read.

17. Get ahead on work

Once the stress of finals passes, it's honestly a great idea. It sounds terribly unappealing, but there is no harm in getting ahead. Save yourself some stress in the future.

18. Plan a New Year's Eve party

If you have free time, take the time to plan your next big party! You can take the pressure off of someone who is already super busy.

19. Paint pottery

The perfect personalized gift

20. Go to a local sports game/play/activity

See what your old high school is up to and support their programs. Most schools never have enough funding so drag your high school friends along!

21. Make homemade decorations

Your Pinterest board has been waiting for this moment

22. Spend time with your pets

You abandon them for months at a time, they can use all the love they can get (they've had to put up with your family).

23. Shovel your driveway

Your parents still have to go to work even though we're on break, so surprise them and remind them what a great child you are.

24. Take a bubble bath

Relaxation at it's finest. Go ahead and relax, you've earned it.

And if all else fails...

25. Sleep