25 Signs That You Are a Californian

25 Signs That You Are a Californian

3. When there is rain, you will most likely experience the ending of Holes.

39
25 Signs That You Are a Californian
abovethelaw.com

I've lived in California my entire life.

I go to college in Washington and even though this beautiful state has captured my heart, California will always be a part of me.

Of course, when you have lived in California as long as I have, then you will likely agree with most of or all I have to say.

1. You prayed for rain...then complained when there is rain.

Looks like we prayed a lot more than we thought. Now we're praying that it'll rain less.

2. Everyday is beach day.

Rain or shine, wind or hail...people always go to Santa Cruz or any other beach for the day.

People want to dance and cheer when it rains. We don't care. When it rains, we celebrate.

4. You know what the Giant Dipper is.

We all hold this great roller coaster close to our hearts. We don't care how old it is or how long the wait is...we will ride it.

5. People live, speak, and breathe In-N-Out.

This burger kingdo- I mean, restaurant is the best thing to every exist. Their fries are the best.

6. It's California...not Los Angeles.

Everybody thinks that we're all celebrities that have their own reality T.V. shows. Looks like they've never visited the country.

7. 'My town is a couple hours away from...'

The amount of times I've done this. Might as well print out a map and explain where I came from.

8. Pictures of flooded places break our hearts.

Remember when those pictures of Santa Cruz came out? The ones that were in a flood? Yeah, I could have sworn I heard my heart crack.

9. Disneyland is only a one to twelve hour drive away.

The Happiest Place on Earth is not even a day away. Depending on where our are and which route you take, there's a possibility that you could catch a couple of rides.

10. You wanted to be famous once in your life.

Hollywood was just right there. You wanted nothing more than to hop into your car and become the next big thing.

11. Hollywood/Los Angeles isn't that great.

Yeah, celebrities live there and all that, but what's so great about it? It'll be nice to visit, but it's not all glitz and glamour like people say it is.

12. The countryside is forgotten the most.

People are shocked once they realize that we don't live by a beach or a celebrity doesn't walk by them. They are surprised by the dry land and fruit stands.

13. People don't call it Cali.

The nickname is cute, but we do not call California by that name. Never.

14. We're horrible drivers.

It's no surprise when Californians get speeding tickets like it's the lottery. We aren't the best drivers.

15. You don't react when people wear shorts and flip flops during winter.

Let's be honest...is it even winter in California? Like...what is winter?

16. Winter ends in February.

Say goodbye to jackets and say hello to shorts and dresses. Winter only lasts a few weeks to a month in California.

17. You know what the BART is.

Even if you've never been on it, you've seen it on a family or school trip.

18. Traffic is inevitable.

Traffic is everywhere. There is no way to avoid it. Godspeed, drivers. Godspeed.

19. 65 degrees and below is freezing.

People cuddle up like penguins to get warm...it's only 60 degrees.

20. The drought is an old friend by now.

The drought was long and horrid, but we got used to it. We're all preparing for it coming back though.

21. California Day was the best.

We all had that one day in elementary school ( fourth grade for me) when we had a day dedicated to California's history. That day had activities and many other things that we loved to do.

22. Sunscreen is an essential.

Be careful now. Even if you're outside during spring, the sun will kiss you a bit too hard. Now you're as red as Clifford the Big Red Dog.

23. Earthquakes are a surprise.

We could just be minding our business when we feel the ground shaking. Suddenly, the world is about to end and we hold onto anything we can get our hands on.

24. Like.

You know what, like, I'm talking about.

25. Finally...California is amazing.

California is my home. I will always love it. From wanting to get a Golden Poppy to my endless Santa Cruz trips, I have been shaped and molded into a Californian. Yeah, people might hate us, but guess what? Living in the Golden State is the best thing to ever happen to us and we are blessed to be here.