25 Reasons 'High School Musical 2' Is The Best Of The Series

Yeah, I said it.
276

In my circle of friends we often spend time discussing Disney Channel Original Movies (DCOMs) and sometimes we rank them as franchises. We go from comparing Cheetah Girls to Camp Rock from trying to decide which of the "High School Musical" movies are the alpha HSM movie. I am here to tell you why, without a doubt, "High School Musical 2" is the best.

1. Summer

Everything's better in the summer.

2. The old friendships we love

Come on, they're the best.

3. The country club itself

Only fabulous and over the top events can occur at a place like this.

4. The new friendships

Because Ryan deserves something nice once in a while.

5. The Pool

So many iconic scenes were filmed in this pool, including the pink piano.

6. Zeke got to bake

I'm not sure how he was qualified, but I'm willing to ignore it to let this boy be happy.

7. Bet On It

The musical number (and dance) that revolutionized the industry, honestly.

8. The iconic pool scene

Twelve year olds around the world were sure they had a grasp on adult relationships after this heartbreaking scene.

9. The less iconic, but still iconic, pool scene

Gabriella dragged Sharpay and we don't talk about this scene enough.

10. Taylor always had her eye out

Friendship goals, honestly.

11. We love to hate her

An antagonist with a crush on our leading man. Maybe not the most original, but why mess with what works?

12. The stress

Troy's panic helped to prepare us all.

13. These two

The learning new songs, the calling each other out, the synchronized stepping. Relationship goals from way back.

14. This tidbit of information

Apparently Troy knew and didn't bother telling anyone for the entire first movie.

15. Sharpay's style

Sharpay was back and as fabulous as ever, arguably with a better wardrobe than the original HSM.

16. "That's my ball."

The screenshot says it all, the tension was building, the tempers were flaring, and all of it was too good to look away from.

17. Sharpay and Ryan

They still had their ups and downs, but we saw a new side of the twins in this film.

18. The whole soundtrack

Every song in this movie has either a knock out line or is overall a bop.

19. Mr. Fulton

That man was just trying to pay his bills and not get fired because of Sharpay.

20. Dates

The adorable, and never country club approved, moments Gabrielle and Troy managed to have off the clock.

21. I Don't Dance

The whole song may be the best DCOM moment. You still know the words, don't lie.

22. Kelsi saving the day yet again

Because we all know the real hero of the trilogy.

23. Miley Cyrus' three second appearance

It seems like every time you watch this movie someone has to try and pause it so that you can all point at the screen and find her.

24. The Numbers

The first broadcast of the film on August 17, 2007 broke records, receiving 17.2 million viewers. This number made it, at the time, the most-watched basic-cable telecast in history.

25. The memories

You had a viewing party with your friends, your family, we all cried and laughed together. It was real and it was wonderful.