25 Perks Of Growing Up In A Small Town

25 Perks Of Growing Up In A Small Town

Yes, that's right, I said perks.

403
25 Perks Of Growing Up In A Small Town

"What do you even do for fun in such a small town?" -- the million dollar question.

Growing up in a small town is something that most people don't understand, and never will. Believe it or not there are so many perks that go along with it, and I wouldn't want it any other way. So, for those of you who agree with me on this --

Here are 25 perks of growing up in a small town:

1. The tight-knit community.

2. Being able to relate to almost every country song.

3. Getting stuck behind a tractor on your way to school.

4. Heck, having your own "Drive Your Tractor to School Day."

5. The entire town shutting down for Friday night football games.

6. County fairs in the summer time.

7. The small school rivalries.

8. The local restaurants/stores.

7. The fact that the 4th of July is a week long celebration.

8. Always feeling safe.

9. Telling people where you're from and getting the response, "Oh, where is that?"

10. One word: Bonfires.

11. Getting to know your entire graduating class.

12. Better yet, getting to know your entire school.

13. Understanding what "Knee-High by Fourth of July" means.

14. "Hey, wanna go drive around?"

15. Never having to be worried if you forget to lock your car.

16. Celebrating homecoming week.

17. Being congratulated on your accomplishment wherever you go because there's a good chance it was published in the newspaper.

18. Growing up with your class since Kindergarten.

19. Enjoying the sunset while driving gravel roads.

20. Getting defensive when someone makes stereotypical Iowa comments.

21. The joys of late summer nights.

22. Saying "be there in 5" actually means being there in 5.

23. Small-town hospitality.

24.You were more than ready to leave home for college.

25. But then you realized that there's no better feeling than coming home.

So there you have it, there ARE perks of growing up in a small town. Big-city folk may not understand, but that's OK.

"Be proud of your hometown. It's a big part of what makes you the person you are."