25 life lessons to learn before turning 26!

25 things you’ll learn your 25th year

1685

1. You shouldn’t ever let anyone tell you it’s too late to peruse your dreams or accomplish something there’s no time limit on accomplishments your not living unless your learning

2. Filling your stomach with food isn’t a bad thing but eat healthy as you grow older your metabolism slows down and the right foods help with glowing skin and strong bones

3. Meditate Mediation is like a workout for your brain mental and physical health go hand and hand you can look like a beast or beauty in the gym and still not be at peace with yourself

4. Stop beating yourself for your mistakes if we don’t make mistakes we can never grow and thrive!

5. You need sleep your body and mind both do. Try and get at least 8-10 hours a night if your like me and have insomnia try number 3.) meditation works great!

6. Alcohol is not your friend the days of drinking every night are over it doesn’t help anything at all only slows you down and if your struggling mentally alcohol is only a bandaid and it’s the easiest way to become an alcoholic by drinking pain away

7. It’s Okay not to be okay! We all need mental health days even moms like me need a day to just relax and take care of yourself it’s easy to wrapped up with the stress of work and school and kids and bills but it’s better to take a day off every now and then!

8. Allow people to help you and be there for you there’s nothing wrong with asking for help if you need it. I used to be so scared to ask for help with anything financially, mentally, physically emotionally there was a point where I’d of rather suffered in silence than asked for help we all need someone in our corner just make sure it’s the right people!

9. Let go of the people who constantly have bad things to say about everyone else and see nothing wrong with themselves they’re clearly just taking advantage of everyone else. A wise man once said to me there is a thin line between venting and slandering someone’s name if they’re gonna talk about everyone else to you there gonna talk about you too!

10. Take time to have a social life even if it’s just a FaceTime or phone call a day to a family member or friend your more than your job and having a couple good folks in your circle is important for support and growth.

11. Self harm and drugs does not solve your problems but self care does this goes back to number 7.) I’ve been an addict I’ve been anorexic and I’ve been a cutter and still struggle with the second one and loving my body but the less you pay attention to the number on the scale and more to the the mirror the more you’ll love yourself. I’ve been 4 and a half years clean and If you can get past the first year of recovery of being clean you CAN DO IT!!

12. You are not your past or who people in your past claim you to be! You are who you think you are do not let other peoples opinions of you determine your worth! People change and grow as they please you can do anything you set your mind too!

13. DRINK WATER this is important for your skin your body and your headaches it’s literally the cure to everything!

14. You don’t need a partner to be happy or succeed as someone who spent 5 years in a relationship where I was unhappy and treated like crap I encourage you to leave and kick them to the curb you can’t grow when you have toxicity around you!

15. You can’t heal from the past by ignoring your issues trust me I know first hand. I used to think as long as I didn’t think about it or was numb to them I’d be fine but your not you have revisit your past in order to properly heal from.

16. There’s a difference in a joke and an insult hidden behind a joke make sure you know the difference before allowing people you call your friends to do so.

17. Growth is not comfortable you can’t grow it your not willing to make changes in your environment and mindset

18. Having kids doesn’t mean it’s the end of your life. As a mother of 2 daughters I was certain that I was no longer able to have a life of my own outside of motherhood. As long as your a mom first and your kids are taken care of and loved your aloud to do whatever you want after that whatever you do is your business nobody else’s!

19.You hear the saying you don’t need to spend money to be happy and while this is true don’t let anyone tell you not to treat yourself or buy that new car or move into a bigger house but quality clothes as long as your bills are up to date and your kids if you have them are taken care of there’s nothing wrong with it!

20. It’s ok to change your mind as much as you want too actually if your not happy with your partner current friends or anything then don’t be scared to move on from it your happiness is more important than anything

21. Grow through what you go through meaning don’t let your past haunt you forever deal with it heal from it and grow from it!

22. Stop allowing people who are unhappy and miserable affect your happiness people that are never growing or changing will bring you down the old saying birds of a feather flock together is true.

23. You don’t need to try and save everyone you can be there for people as much as you want you can repeat yourself till you sound like a broken record but you can’t help people who do not want to be helped!

24. Do not be scared to burn bridges with people who aren’t valuing you if you can swim you dont need the bridge in the first place! If a friendship or relationship isn’t 2 sided you do not need it.

25. Lastly…Choose to love yourself before you love anyone else if you don’t love yourself enough you can’t love anyone else and it gets you stuck in toxic relationships and negative surroundings the more you love yourself the less likely you are to get stuck in situations you don’t want to be in!!