25 Hulu Series That Are Better Than The Office

No shade to The Office, but I can only watch Dwight and Jim's shenanigans for so long.

13

All of my pals are asking me for new shows to watch on Hulu right now. So, I decided to delve deep into my Hulu rabit hole to create this extensive list of my all-time Hulu favorites -- old and new -- in no particular order. Stream away, friends!

This Is Us

This emotional drama follows the Pearson family -- parents and triplets -- through generations of love, triumph, and heartbreak. If you like tear-jerking and heartwarming family ties stories, this is the show for you.

The Handmaid's Tale

Based off of the 1985 Margret Atwood novel, this series follows a young woman who finds her world in a state of right wing religious tyranny and is forced into child-bearing slavery on account of her rare fertility.

The Good Doctor

A young boy with autism and savant syndrome acquires a position as a surgeon in a prestigious hospital unit. Although he has extraordinary medical gifts, his condition makes it hard for him to make personal connections, and he is faced with the challenge of overcoming the skepticism of his colleagues.

The Golden Girls

Such a great classic! In this series, four older woman live together in Miami to experience the joys and angst of aging together. I'm watching this for the first time right now and am loving it!

Nathan for You

In this docu-series comedy, Nathan Fielder uses his business degree to help small business turn profit, but his methods are... unorthodox. Nathan's genuine effort to help good working people often has a surprising, sometime cringe-worthy turn of events.

Out of Office with Brent Rose

This one goes out to my fellow technical writing pals! Brent Rose is a tech writer who ventures out of the office to study the latest emerging technologies and scientific discoveries, separating fact from hype.

Kidding

Jeff Pickles (Jim Carrey) uses his platform as a children's television show host to teach kindness to the world's most impressionable minds and their parents through real-life experiences and insights. You do have to have the Showtime add-on to watch this, but it is so worth it.

Letterkenny

Through fast-paced, witty dialogue chalk full of inside jokes and catchphrases, this Canadian cult comedy follows locals through life in a rural small town, Letterkenny.

RuPaul's Drag Race

RuPaul, the most famous drag queen in the world, and hosts and mentors the contestants of the ultimate drag race challenges and competitions that make up RuPaul's Drag Race.

House Hunters

Host Suzanne Whang takes you behind the scenes of the house hunting experience and helps families find the perfect home. It can be fun to see how spoiled and picky some folks are, but I also can't help but imagine my own dream home when I watch this. And you can watch House Hunters International to see different homes around the world!

Former lawyer Jeff Winger has faked his Bachelor's degree and finds himself attending a community college. After forming a study group in an attempt to hook up with another student, he makes unlikely connections and begins to learn the true meaning of friendship and hard work.

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

In this lighthearted, whimsical series, a young woman acquires the ability to hear people's innermost thoughts through songs and musical numbers. If you think that sounds lame, think again. This is actually a pretty great, heartfelt show!

Arrested Development

After his dad is sent to prison for a white collar crime, Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) is forced to run his family's real estate business while juggling his own desires with the needs of his eccentric, spoiled famil, all while trying to be a good role model for his son George Michael (Michael Cera).

Drake & Josh

Okay, everyone knows Drake & Josh (and if you don't, what are you doing?!) In this classic Nickelodeon show, two boys with very different personalities become step brothers. I watched this show on the daily when I was younger. Watching it now is pleasantly nostalgic, and it's still just as funny as it was back then!

Cowboy Bebop

If you're not into anime yet, this is a great gateway series! This Star Wars-esque show is set in the year 2071. Earth is uninhabitable and humans have colonized most of the other rocky planets and moons. Registered bounty hunters called "Cowboys" work from a spaceship called "Bebop" and chase criminals to capture and bring in for a reward.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

In this sitcom, five self-centered friends run an Irish pub in Philly as they cope and navigate their way through adulthood, but their precarious judgement often gets them into trouble.

Good Girls

Three suburban moms get tired of trying to make ends meet, so they rob a grocery store and find themselves getting caught up in a high-ranking money laundering business.

Fixer Upper

Chip and Joanna Gaines flip houses in Waco, Texas, making them their clients' dream homes.

Twin Peaks

FBI agent Dale Cooper is assigned to investigate the appearance of a body washed up on a beach shore near the small Washing state town, Twin Peaks. As he delves deep into the case, he also uncovers a whole web of other mysteries.

American Horror Story

This is an interconnected horror anthology series. Every season is a new terrifying American horror story, including a house haunted by murderous spirits, a Catholic insane asylum set in the 1960s, and a cult on the rise after the 2016 election. What I love about this show is getting to see the same amazing actors play different, horrifying characters in each new season.

Parks and Recreation

This comedy is filmed in the same "mockumentary" style as The Office, but is about a team of bureaucrats working in the Indiana Parks and Recreation Department. Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) leads the team in working to beautify the community while attempting to keep her unique colleagues -- and herself -- in check.

Cheers

Another amazing classic! Former Red Sox player Sam Malone loses his career because of a drinking problem and decides to open up a bar. Join Sam, Diane, Coach, Cliff, Carla, and Norm on their misadventures in their favorite bar where "everybody knows your name."

Workaholics

In this single-camera comedy, three young roommates, Blake, Adam, and Ders, start working together 9 to 5 as telemarketers, but have trouble adjusting from party life to an office desk.

The Good Place

After dying in a freak shopping cart accident, Eleanor (Kristen Bell) arrives at the Good Place, a town where people who have been good all their lives are sent after they pass away. On account of her misbehavior in the real world, Eleanor believes she belongs somewhere else and makes it her mission to earn her spot in the Good Place. I love that this show explores morality and the wonders of the afterlife in such a fun, dynamic way.

American Housewife

In this sitcom, Katie is a strong-willed, middle class mom trying to raise her family in a wealthy, prestigious neighborhood filled with seemingly perfect wives and children.