24 Verses For The Struggling College Student

Don't worry, it's normal, we're all in an emotional roller coaster.

58
pexels

We all struggle to remain sane in this crazy stage of life while we’re juggling college, jobs, extracurriculars, a social life, and staying in touch with our families. There’s one thing that remains constant—God, and He definitely cares that we’re struggling and leaves verses throughout the Bible to help us through. For any of you feeling overwhelmed, stressed, insecure, unmotivated, hurt or without direction, you are not alone.

When you feel overwhelmed…

Psalm 142:3 “When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who watch over my way. In the path where I walk people have hidden a snare for me.”

Proverbs 3:5-7 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

John 14:1 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me.”

Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

When you’re tired or stressed…

Jeremiah 31:25 “I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Psalm 119:114 “You are my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me.”

Isaiah 43:31 “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength…”

When you’re homesick…

2 Corinthians 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort…”

John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may also be where I am.”

Ecclesiastes 3:1 “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven…”

When you and your friends aren’t getting along…

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Proverbs 15:1 “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”

John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”

When you’re brokenhearted…

Proverbs 34:18 “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

Psalm 71:20 “You made me suffer a lot, but you will bring me back from this deep pit and give me new life.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

When you’re nervous about the future…

Philippians 4:6 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

When you’re feeling insecure…

1 Samuel 16:7 “...The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Psalm 139:13 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…”

Proverbs 3:15 “She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her.”

Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.”

Whatever you’re feeling, know it’s normal. College is filled with a whirlwind of mixed emotions, but luckily we have an entire Bible filled with encouragement and guidance to help us through. So sit down, take a few minutes to spend time with God and reflect on what’s truly important.