24 Fourth Of July Week Traditions In Southampton, PA

Southampton Days and the parade are the highlights of the week for us.

54

As anyone who lives in or near Southampton, PA knows, the Fourth of July is a big deal. Here are some of my favorite traditions for the week of the Fourth of July:

1. Watching the fireworks at the Klinger Middle School track and football field

2. Getting squirted with a water gun by a Southampton boys sports team during the parade

3. Watching the talent show

4. Making faces at the cute kids in the baby parade

5. The 30 minutes of fire trucks at the end of every year's parade

6. Buying hand cut fries from the Lions or a sausage sandwich from the Businessmen's Association

7. Attempting to not get stuck in a traffic jam in the parking areas leaving the fair

8. Waving to the past Citizens of the Year on their float

9. Watching the parade down Second Street Pike on it's about one and a half mile route

10. Setting up your chair extra early in order to get a shady spot (or a spot near a store to buy water)

11. Eating those green mint leaf candies that Senator Greenleaf always seems to give out

12. Giving a high five to the Firstrust Bank Number One man

13. Getting hit with candy during some part of the parade (unless someone is nice enough to hand it to you)

14. Getting photos with the characters in the parade

15. Riding your favorite ride

16. Entering the Firstrust raffle and picking up all the free stuff (like glowsticks!)

17. Watching the pie eating contest

17. Watching the pretzel guy try to sell overpriced water and Philly pretzels out of a shopping cart on the parade route

18. Playing bingo at the fair with corn kernels

19. Hitting up the Girl Scout and Boy Scout food tables

20. Watching the concert before the fireworks

21. Running the Lions Club Run for Sight 5K

22. Watching the Dog Show

23. Cutting off your unlimited ride wristbands at the end of the week

24. Everyone wearing their best red, white and blue outfits