23 Tips 'Monsters University' Gives To Make the Most Out Of College

You've been waiting for this your whole life.

213
Huffpost.com

School is starting again soon, and we'll all be getting back into our normal routines. Sometimes, we can get caught up in the stress of college and it's easy to lose sight of our goals. However, if we follow Mike Wazowski's example in 'Monsters University,' we can learn a lot about making the most out of your time here in college, and keep our dreams in sight.

1. Everyone's different.

Everyone is all so different, and come from so many different backgrounds. You're sure to find a group of people you fit in with and share interests with.

2. Don't be afraid to make big goals.

Even if they seem crazy, it's good to shoot for the stars. Who knows, maybe you'll actually reach them.

3. No matter how hard you try, sometimes you'll be late for class.

It's just going to happen. It isn't the worst thing in the world, your professor won't hate you, and nobody is judging you while you walk in -- they've been there too. Just don't make a habit out of it.

4. You're going to have to work really hard.

You're going to have a lot of long, sleepless, and stressful nights. You're here to learn, so you better put your best effort into it.

5. Greek Life can be a great way to meet friends.

I promise Greek Life isn't like the stereotypes you see in the movies. It's full of great people, a fantastic way to meet people, as well as be in a group of brothers or sisters.

6. Don't let others get you down.

You're here to learn for yourself, not make other people happy. So, take this time to find yourself and be the best you can be. Don't listen to negative things from other people, and stay positive even when things get bad.

7. Go to football games.

Even if you don't like football, it's an amazing experience to be surrounded by your friends and other people attending your university while cheering on your team. Take pride in your school, eat over-priced food, and enjoy the game!

8. Take care of yourself.

Even if you don't have time, make it. You'll feel so much better if you're taking care of yourself, exercising, and eating as well as you can.

9. You can handle a job in college.

It will be difficult, but most jobs will be flexible with your schedule (especially on campus jobs). It'll teach you how to budget your time and money, as well as give you a little extra cash for the weekend.

10. Don't let competition get the best of you.

It's okay to have some healthy competition as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

11. School comes first.

Spend the night at home studying if you need to. School is your priority, and you need to treat it that way.

12. Work to prove to people that you're better than they think.

If people tell you can't do something or underestimate you, then prove them wrong. It's a great feeling.

13. Don't give up on your dreams.

No matter how impossible they seem, don't convince yourself that you're incapable of reaching them. Even if your dreams change, with enough work, you can still do the impossible.

14. Participate in as much as possible.

You only have four years here. Make the best of it, and get the full college experience. Join clubs, meet new people, and put yourself out there.

15. Stay quiet in the library. Seriously.

There are very stressed people in there trying to study. Even though most of the librarians are very sweet people, you still don't want to feel their wrath.

16. Living with your friends is almost as fun as you thought it would be.

Yeah there's a few bad things about it, but (for the most part) it's amazing. You get to be surrounded by your friends whenever you want, there's never a dull moment, and you always have someone to lean on.

17. Let loose and take a break sometimes.

Sometimes, you need to step away from the books and take time to recharge yourself. Spend some time with your friends or watching Netflix. A little break will do wonders.

18. Never give up.

You have what it takes to accomplish anything. Don't give up just because it gets hard.

19. Have school pride.

You aren't too cool for school pride. This is the school you chose, so be proud of it! Paint your face for football games, and collect as many school shirts as you can. Talk highly of your school, and do your part to improve it.

20. Help motivate and encourage your peers.

You're all going through this together. Help each other out.

21. Know your true potential and work to meet it.

Know that you can do great things, and aspire to accomplish greater things.

22. Sometimes people aren't who you think they are.

Sometimes, your friends aren't who you expect them to be. Don't judge a book by its cover, because you may find friendship in unexpected places.

23. Even when college is bad, it's still pretty good.

Even when you're stressed to your breaking point, and nothing seems to be going your way, you're still living the college life and loving it. Just know it'll all be worth it, and these are going to be some of the best years of your life.