23 Signs You Are From the North Country

23 Signs You Are From the North Country

We all know its true...

48
23 Signs You Are From the North Country

The north country is a place where you have no choice but to embrace the outdoors. After living in Utica for two years at college, I noticed some tendencies or experiences that I have developed from living in Plattsburgh. I realized this when I was talking to friends from college and told them I wanted to go apple picking because I havn't gone in a couple years. They started to laugh and then explained that they had never even been to a farm. I couldn't understand how one has never been to an apple orchard, but then it hit me.

1. You most likely have been to a "party" in the woods (Everyone looks at me like im crazy when I tell them this)

2. When it was busted, you met back up with your "squad" at McDonalds (you may have even brought in a speaker)

3. You pretty much know everyone in your graduating class

4. Your sports coach was probably your teacher

5. Been to SPAC at least once

6. Unfortunately, you don’t remember the concert very well

7. You get mad when you tell people you are from NY and they ask you about city life…

8. So, you have to tell people “I’m from upstate NY, like pretty much Canada.”

9. That being said, you get mad when people from central NY say they are from upstate NY

10. Most likely grew up doing outdoor activities (hiking, four wheeling, skiing, fishing, etc)

11. Been to a farm for a school field trip

12. Been to ECHO (Leahy Center for Lake Champlain)

13. Your parents were friends with your teachers

14. You can never leave your house without seeing someone you know

15. "Yea dere bud"

16. Been apple picking too many times to count

17. Gone skinny dipping in the lake

18. You simply cannot live without Stewart’s

19. Michigans apparently only exist in your hometown. No, they are NOT the same as chilly dogs.

20. You agree that country music is the only music

21. Late night trips to Walmart, cuz why not?

22. You go to school with half of your cousins (It's almost like you would be introduced to someone and then go home to tell your parents about your new friend and, BAM! you're cousins. Okay maybe that's extreme, but your parents definitely knew their parents.)

23. Finally, you knew that snow days were hopeless, but you always hoped for one anyway