22 Friday Night Lights Quotes You Need To Hear Right Now

And practice everyday of your life.
9850

If you’re anything like me, as the days wear on it is becoming more and more impossible for me to get out of bed and get to class. I keep counting how much longer I have until Christmas break but the semester seems to be moving backwards. The nights are getting longer and it’s getting darker faster, it’s colder and all around much more depressing than the beautiful and vibrant summer days (only 230 more days until summer, people!). I have more work than time and motivation will allow. I promise you, college friends, you are not alone in your suffering.

The following is a list of quotes from the TV show Friday Night Lights. Consider this your football halftime pep-talk. Use this article to get motivated and get crackin’ at the schoolwork I promise you will conquer. Stop snoozing your alarm and start taking on the day (coffee helps a lot). I believe in you.

1. "I said you need to strive to be better than everyone else. I didn't say you needed to be better than everyone else. But you gotta try. That's what character is: It's in the try." -Coach Eric Taylor

Try to succeed and you will.

2. "You listen to people that love you and you listen to people that you trust. Most of all, you listen to yourself." -Coach Eric Taylor

Have faith in the ones you love. They won’t steer you wrong. But most importantly, have faith in you.

3. “I'm a firm believer in you can do anything you put your mind to, and yourself, you, I believe you can do anything you put your mind to." -Coach Eric Taylor

Believing you can do it is half the battle, friends.

4. "Champions don't give up. Champions don't complain. Champions give 200 percent. You're not champions until you've earned it." -Coach Eric Taylor

Work your butt off for the title. You will only be a champion in this semester, college and in life if you give 5000%.

5. "Every man at some point in his life is gonna lose a battle. He's gonna fight and he's gonna lose. But what makes him a man, is that in the midst of that battle he does not lose himself." -Coach Eric Taylor

The most important thing you can do is focus on yourself in this moment. Become the individual you desire to be. It’s okay to lose people, fail tests, etc. but never lose yourself.

6. "Right here, right now, God has placed you to do what you do best. Go all the way." -Coach Eric Taylor

Everything in your life brought you to this moment in time. Understand and embrace that fact. You are here for a reason. Find what that reason is.

7. "You can't beat yourself up because you're taking chances on things. But don't start giving up on what you set forth to do in the beginning. 'Cause that's gonna get you nowhere. I can promise you that." -Coach Eric Taylor

Never give up.

8."My dad used to say, 'It always looks bad before it gets better.'" -Coach Eric Taylor

It’s always darkest before the light.

9. “You get one chance in life fellas, you can either take advantage of it or piss it away.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Take advantage of the opportunities at your fingertips

10. "You never know what's going on with somebody, sweetie. Can't take it personally." -Tami Taylor

Don’t let other people get the best of you. Keep moving. You don’t know what they’re going through.

11. "Can you do me a favor? Do the best you can." -Coach Eric Taylor

It doesn’t matter if you get a 4.0 or get that promotion or become the president of that RSO. The only thing that matters is that you try hard and do the best that you can do.

12. “There’s no weakness in forgiveness.” -Tami Taylor

Forgive yourself for your shortcomings. Forgive others for hurting you.

13. “Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Bang down that door. You deserve to.

14. “Don’t quit on me. Don’t quit on yourself.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Never give up on yourself.

15. “If you give 100% of yourself tonight, people are gonna look at you differently. People are gonna think of you differently. And I promise you, you are gonna look and think differently about yourselves.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Try to impress yourself.

16. “A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on that field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Keep the important people in your mind. Focus on their support. They believe in you.

17. “I want you to let yourself off the hook, son.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Let go of your past and your previous failures. Just let it go.

18. "Don’t just stand by and watch it happen.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Be a part of the happening.

19. “I’m tired of overthinking every single thing, you know?” -Tim Riggins

Put your mind at ease.

20. "Well, you're gonna win, or you're gonna lose. Either way, the sun's gonna come up the next morning." -Tami Taylor

Tomorrow is a new day.

21. "Success is not a goal, it's a byproduct." -Coach Eric Taylor

Success is a byproduct of hard work and a positive attitude.

22. “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.” -Coach Eric Taylor

Read that line again and again and again until you believe it.

Now get your head in the game and go kick the rest of this semester's a*s!