22 Thoughts I Have During My 120 Minute History Lecture

Lectures = torture.

486

Lectures, aka torture. They are almost as evil as 8 a.m. classes or classes on Fridays. All college students have that one class. The class where no matter how hard you try, you can't even pretend to be interested. My history lecture this semester makes me want to curl up in a ball and nap the entire hour and 20 minutes that I'm sitting there.

Here are just a few of the many, many thoughts that run through my head during my looong lecture.

1. OK, here we go.

*Pours glass of wine*

2. I think I'll try and actually be a productive student and pay attention to the lecture!!!

Maybe if I pay attention, the class will seem more interesting?

3. LOL, jk.

That tiny bit of motivation only lasted a good 5 minutes.

4. What is the attendance policy for this lecture again?

Let's see, I've already missed three...

5. *Counts the number of days on my calendar until summer break.*

May can't get here soon enough...

6. How much longer is this class?

*Glances back at the clock*

7. AN HOUR?!?!!?

WHY?!

8. This powerpoint we're going through is 80 slides long. Why tho?

Why didn't the professor just email us this powerpoint?

9. I wish I was currently sunbathing on the beach drinking a margarita...

*Begins daydreaming about summer, the beach, and hot, sunny weather.*

10. But instead, I'm here, struggling to stay awake.

The only thing keeping me awake right now is this uncomfortable lecture desk and my professor's annoying voice.

11. Man, I am so hungry.

Pizza sounds AMAZING right now.

12. I hope no one can hear my stomach growling.

Yikes.

13. This professor is just a tad too passionate about this subject.

How can you be THIS excited this early in the morning?

14. What are the odds that someone else in this lecture is just as bored as I am?

*Stares at the other 50 students in this class that look just as uninterested as me*

15. FOCUS.

GET IT TOGETHER!!

16. Wait, why are some people taking notes? Should I be taking notes?

This slide only has a picture of a graph....how do I put that in my notes?

17. Why does this one kid always feel the need to share his opinion?

Sit down, kid.

18. Why would anyone even bother showing up to class 40 minutes late?

What is the point?

19. This class has absolutely nothing to do with my major.

I'm a communications major!!! Why do I need to take a class on post-1945 history?

20. Omg can we please be let out early today?

Please?

21. "This will be on the exam" ... yeah when is the exam again?

*Quickly checks the syllabus*

21. PRAISE! The professor let us out 3 minutes early!

Thank YOU, Mr. Professor.

22. Time to go reward myself with food.

Pizza, here I come.

Push through; the semester will be over before you know it.