22 Things I've Learned In 22 Years of Life

How I turned twenty-two this week? I'm not sure either. Oh, how the years continue to fly by! Given that I'm entering a new year of life and we're soon to be entering a new decade, I figured it was time to reflect a bit. Although I could have outlined much more than twenty-two lessons, I felt that these were ones that have been prominent and solidified over the past year in my life.

Here are 22 things I've learned in 22 years of life:

163
  1. Life is what you make it. Choose to make each day better than the next.
  2. I have more strength within me than I could have ever known.
  3. I can conquer obstacles and move mountains (figuratively) if I set my mind to it.
  4. I am worthy of everything I've ever wanted, hoped for, or desired.
  5. I am imperfectly perfect, just the way I am. However, there's always room for improvement.
  6. If you can't find the time to love yourself, you will never be able to love another.
  7. Never break yourself down in an effort to please or conform to others' expectations.
  8. Stay true to your heart and soul. Speak your truth and stand up for what you believe in, even when it's not the norm. Show your true colors.
  9. Always find time to slow down in the midst of the madness. Find the moments of bliss within the chaos. Take note of them.
  10. Effort is a two-way street. Make time for those who make the time for you.
  11. Forge and foster connections in every facet of your life. Life isn't just what you know, it does sometimes come down to who you know.
  12. Keep your family, friends, and loved ones close. Let them in, let them help you, and let them love you through the good, the bad, and the ugly that life throws your way. You will need them.
  13. Approach each day with a smile and gratitude for life itself. You are breathing and you are living another day. That is truly a gift.
  14. Try to see different perspectives in various situations. Don't fall victim to bias or propaganda.
  15. Sometimes life is in fact a runway. Dress for the job you want, not the job you occupy. Presentation and professionalism can carry you farther than you may think.
  16. Never stop learning. Find a hobby. Be curious about something.
  17. Show others your heart and they might just show you theirs. Or they might stomp on yours in return. Take risks, learn lessons, and live to see another day.
  18. Speak up and defend others who cannot do so themselves.
  19. You don't need those shoes, go pay your rent. From one shopaholic to another, you're welcome :)
  20. Life is not measured in material things, but in moments. Make magical ones worth remembering.
  21. Be a human being, friend, daughter, son, and co-worker that others can lean on, depend on, and come to for questions and concerns. Be reliable and responsible.
  22. Be yourself, no matter who that may be. And try not to judge others for displaying different behaviors and characteristics. We are all different, on extremely different paths, just trying to make it in the world. Show others the same love and kindness you wish to receive. We are all worthy of that.
From Your Site Articles