21 Things Miami Students Need To Do Before They Graduate

To think that in such a place, I led such a life.

1157
Miami University Instagram

We are in the middle of Miami University's six-week-long winter break. For many Miami students, it is their last winter break. Graduating Miami seniors are probably preparing for their last spring semester and also job searching since graduation is only a few short months away, which can be both nerve-wracking and exciting. To those graduating seniors, I have created a bucket list of what you need to do at Miami University before you leave this pretty campus. Love and Honor.

1. Go to a Late-Night Miami event.

From late night movies to freebies such as food and stuffed animals, there is bound to be at least one event that interests you, and bonus, it's all FREE! So grab your friends for a fun night out!

2. Take a stroll through Formal Gardens.

The Formal Gardens is a hidden gem tucked behind the Farmers School of Business, and it is perfect for taking graduation pictures with your friends!

3. Spend the evening exploring uptown.

Uptown has so many great local businesses such as cute boutiques, tasty restaurants, etc.

4. Visit the therapy dogs/mini ponies.

Who wouldn't want to hang out with mini ponies dressed as unicorns to relieve the stress of finals?!

5. Treat yourself to a graduation gift from the bookstore.

You deserve it.

6. Take pictures of the beautiful campus.

"Miami University is the most beautiful campus there ever was" — Robert Frost.

7. Visit your favorite professor.

I can name several professors that have greatly impacted my education. Be sure to thank every professor that helped you get where you are today. It will be nice to talk to them about something other than homework questions.

8. Jump on the seal.

But make sure you are done with your finals first!

9. Hang out at the Rec Center.

The Rec Center has so many cool things to do, like rock climbing!

10. Decorate your cap.

Throw all your creativity into designing and decorating your cap! The design can be related to your degree, or it can have a witty saying on it such as "Game of Loans."

11. Explore Western campus.

I have had many classes on Western campus, and it is by far the most beautiful part of Miami, especially in the early morning when everything is quiet and peaceful.

12. Write something for The Miami Student.

Getting one of my writings published is my dream.

13. Go to the spring MUFD fashion show.

Being a part of the MUFD organization, I can tell you that these annual fashion shows are everything. From the incredible designs made by fellow Miami students, to the lights, runway, and music, it is like you are actually at NYC Fashion Week.

14. Hike in Hueston Woods.

A great way to connect with nature and see God's great creation.

15. Rub the turtles head at the sundial.

For good luck!

16. Meet President Crawford.

I have had the pleasure of meeting President Crawford and his wife, and they are the kindest and most down-to-earth people! Plus, it will be cool to tell your kids one day that you met the president of your university!

17. Go to an event you normally wouldn't go to.

There are always events going on around campus. Here are a few ideas: Stage Left's fall and spring musical, acapella concerts, and sporting events.

18. Go to the McGuffey Museum.

Right across from McGuffey Hall is a national historic landmark: the McGuffey Museum. It is open Thursday-Saturday from 1-5 p.m. And bonus, it's totally free!

19. Shop at the Oxford Farmers Market.

Waking up early on a Saturday morning to support local farmers is worth it.

20. Kiss under the Upham arch.

You might become the next Miami Merger.

21. Celebrate Green Beer Day.

Even if you don't like beer (like me!), it's still fun to dress head to toe in green and party like you're at a Gatsby party.

Once you leave Miami's campus for the last time, I hope you look back at all your memories at Miami and say, "To think that in such a place, I led such a life." Make this last semester count.