21 Signs You're An Education Major As Told By 'Parks And Rec'

You know you picked the right profession.

233880

There are so many reasons why we want to become teachers but there are only a few who know what it means to change lives each day. Here are 21 signs that you are an education major:

1. You get really defensive when people have the audacity to say that teaching is "easy"

2. You have a really strong opinion on Common Core, NCLB, and standardized testing

3. You get really excited about the first day of school

4. The girl:guy ratio in your classes hovers around 18:2

5. Shopping for school supplies is basically a holiday

6. You have a mental countdown until you have a classroom of your own

7. And you have it all planned out on Pinterest

8. And you go bananas when you see something you want for it

9. You've been forced to listen to someone say, Those who can, do, and those who can't, teach," unironically

10. You have designated "teacher clothes" in your closet and are constantly on the hunt for more

11. You get overly excited about children's books

12. You've secretly wished for a wealthy spouse on more than one occasion

13. You know there are few things better than getting an upperclassman's old lesson plans

14. You can recall Bloom's Taxonomy at any given time

15. You over-analyze your professors and how they teach

16. Sometimes (all the time) you're exhausted after going from class to fieldwork to meetings and seminars and then home to do homework and lesson plans

17. And on these days, you rely on caffeine to make it through. Lots and lots of caffeine

18. Sometimes you get a little scared thinking about how little money you'll make.

19. But you know the money doesn't matter

20. Because no matter what, you know you picked the right profession

21. And you know it's the greatest one in the world