21 Resolutions To Make In 2017

21 Resolutions To Make In 2017

Make 2017 your year

12
21 Resolutions To Make In 2017

It's the happiest season of all! Time for giving, recieving, and starting anew. There are lots of things everyone wants to change but here is a list of some of the best changes to make. Most are resoluntions of my own, but all are resolutions we have had at one time or another. Make 2017 the year of you! Whether it is to become the best you ever or to make small imporvements, own 2017!

1. Be Healthier

Whether it is eating better or getting to the gym more, there are big and little ways to make your life healthier. A healthier you makes for a better year and a better you. Remeber healthy doesn't always mean stick thin.

2. Increase motivation

If gettin yourself to do activities is hard then you can start doing little things to help motivate you. For example, if getting up to go to class is a morning struggle you can treat yourself to a coffee or your favorite breakfast. Over time getting up wont be hard cause you have something to look forward to.

3. Work harder

If your a procrastinator or a slacker, I'll admit I can be, 2017 is the year to get in gear and show everyone what we've got. Everyone has potential and putting in more effort will help in the long run.

4. Make new connections

It's always great to branch out and meet new people. In 2017, dont be afraid to make new freinds, they may help you out and be the best freinds yet. A random girl you meet at a bar can be your next best freind.

5. Reach out

If you find yourself feeling a little lonely and left out, don't be afraid to text a friend. People appreciated the effort and if they don't, then who cares. It's the first step to being closer to people and making new friends.

6. Go out

If you spend a lot of time in bed, wondering why you dont go out, maybe it is time to change that. Gather some freinds and have a good time. This doesn't have to mean getting drunk at some party. It could be getting brunch or goign to a museum.

7. Have more fun

Let your hair down, you too boys. Give yourself opportunities to forget about what is weighing you down. Party or don't! I love concerts and I love spontaneous adventures, do what is fun to you!

8. Do spontaneous things

Spontaneity is a wonderful thing! Spice up your weekly routine and do something different. Try a new restaurant, go somewhere you've always wanted to, heck, try a completely new look. It could change your life for the better!

9. Treat yo self

It is so important to take care of yourself! you cant help others when you dont feel good! Take time each day, week, or month to do something for you! It will improve your mood and quality of life.

10. Practice selflessness

It is always important to give back. You may not have much to give, but the smallest effort goes a long way. Selflessness isn'y just volunteering, it can be genuinly caring about other ans sometimes putting them before you.

11. Work on your weaknesses

Everyone has weaknesses, no one, no matter what people lead you too believe is perfect. You can always work on yourslef to make you the best you that you can be. This is one of my biggest 2017 resoluntions, 2017 will be the year I become the best me.

12. Fall in love

Fall inlove with people, places, and things. You don't need a special someone, but hey if it happens that awesome. Falling in love can be the best feeling, I fell in love with grilled cheese, our love affair is never ending. The things you fall in love with can be motivators and simply make you a happier person.

13. Travel

You dont have to take a 14 hour flight to call it traveling. Day trips do a person just as good. Go somewhere you've never been or go to your favorite place. Wherever you go, a change of scenery can do the soul some good!

14. Try new things

Get out of your comfort zone! This doesn't mean you have to swim with sharks or skydive, it could just be taking on a new hobby or revisiting things you thought you didnt like.

15. Fix bad habbits

We all have our bad habbits, this year try and turn it around by breaking those habbits and striving for a new and improves you.

16. Volunteer

Volunteering is not only good for your conscious, but it benefits so many other people. You effect the people or things you come in contact to directly, but you also help the community.

17. Celebrate more

Celebrate the little little things as well as the big thigs. If you met your gym goal, celebrate. If you got a great gpa, celebrate. Be happy for all the achievements in lif, it will help you be more positive and appreciate all things life gives you.

18. Find a new hobby

If you are like me, you will find yourself being bored a lot. Well time to change that, find a new hobby that you enjoy and will occupy the unproductive moments in life. You expereince new things and find activities that make you happy.

19. Experience more

Don't spend your life wishing you did this or did that. DO IT! If it's because no one else will go with you, go alone! It's a freeing expereince to earn your independance and do things for yourself. Worts comes to worsts fine other people to go with! Don't stop yourself from having fun.

20. Worry less

LET. IT. GO. There is no use worrying about things that you can't controll or change. This year this is what I need to work on the most. I have spent too much time going over and over things I can't change and it brought me down. It's time to just let it go.

21. Be kind

The most important things anyone can tell you. Just be kind. No matter who it is or what they have done, every livign being deserved kindness. If you are kind good things will come to you. If someone hurts you, be kind, no matter what only kindness will make the world a better place.