20 Lessons At 20 Years Old

Today, I changed the first digit of my age from a one to a two. Who knew that the long and arduous process of changing that first digit would come with so many struggles, tears, laughter, and growth? I sure didn't, but I was able to make it through with these 20 things.

1. My family has supported me from day one and helped me understand unconditional love.

2. The relationships I had throughout every life stage helped me become more sensitive and learn how to interact with other people.

3. My education made me aware of the privileges I have to be able to go to and learn a huge variety of things at a prestigious university.

4. Books granted me the ability to experience and learn things through the eyes of other people, who put years of their life into writing these books.

5. Movies opened my eyes to things that I couldn’t have imagined before and helped me understand things from a different perspective.

6. Music helped me get through good times, bad times, and awkward silence.

7. Muji pens helped me write aesthetically and with ease.

8. Good food has definitely played a huge role as a mood booster in my life.

9. My exes taught me what it meant to love and feel love and pain.

10. Yerba Mate helped me get through some long, rough nights. #plsnomoreallnighters

11. Thank God for Command + F.

12. Command + Z for helping me take back all of my mistakes

13. JROTC for teaching me valuable lessons like leadership, teamwork, and discipline.

14. My phone for helping me communicate with the rest of the world, navigate my directionless butt to places, and wake me up every single morning.

15. My calendar for helping me organize my mess of a life.

16. “The Office” for all the good laughs and cringe moments.

17. “Grey’s Anatomy” for showing me how hard life can get and how important community is.

18. My trips to Korea, Japan, and Guatemala for immersing me into different cultures and languages.

19. This platform for helping me open up and be more comfortable with being vulnerable.

20. Finally, God really pulled through and helped me get through every single struggle and hardship.

Thank you to everyone that helped me get through my 20's. You know who you are. Thank you and goodbye to my teens! Now, onto the next wild ride of my 20's...