20 Things I Have Learned By 20

20 Things I Have Learned By 20

I'm still working on me

22
20 Things I Have Learned By 20
Katie Plane

Twenty Years go by and it's strange to think of how many times you have fallen and had to get back up. How many times your heart was broken, and how many best friends you have had. I still don't have it all figured out, but I'd like to think I have 20 ideas formed of what I have realized throughout these years.

1) No, he is not the end of your life. He is not worth you thinking you are worthless, in the words of your mom, "he is just a stupid boy who has no clue what he wants." Believe her when she tells you that.

2) You will always find your way back home, no matter how far you drift.

3) It is okay to reach out for help. Never be afraid to ask someone to help you better yourself.

4) Be selfish yet selfless. Do not be afraid to do what is best for you, but at the same time, never forget to be there for the ones who never let you fall.

5)Taking a day off is necessary, you cannot be expected to go 100% all of the time.

6) Stopping for ice cream is always necessary.

7) Do not give everything you have to a boy who will later change his mind. Be smart.

8) Become friends with your siblings, even when you want to rip your hair out because of them. Later in life, they will become your best friends and closest confidants.

9) It is always better to splurge extra money on something that will last longer, than something cheap.

10) You are allowed to start over as many times as you need to in order to get where you want to be.

11) Friends come and go, you will find the people who are meant to be in your tribe. Don't think you are unlovable just because of a friendship went wrong.

12) At the end of the day, mom is always right.

13) You will find the person who makes you the happiest girl in the world, don't rush it.

14) No matter how old you get and how much you think you can handle it, watching Ghost Adventures before going to bed is never a good idea.

15)Know when to say no.

16) Stick up for what is right. Even when those around you are quiet, be the voice that helps create a change.

17) Target trips will always be the right choice.

18) Always do what is best for you, you don't have to try to please people.

19) Set multiple alarms.

20) Breathe.