5 Must-Have Beauty Products For Those Who Want To Feel Good Again In Person This 2021

As the one who usually goes bare face, I rarely go a few days without using these products.

20

Despite being almost entirely virtual, there are days when I have to leave my complex to do chores. I do have those moments when I look in the mirror after a few days of being inside and I don't feel good. I look and feel tired and I think about the people who are going to see me. There's no reason for me to care about what others think but I want to be happy with what I see in myself.

There are people who have the same thoughts about their appearance and so I present to you a list of products that help combat the insecurities people have about themselves going in-person again after so long.

Sephora Vitamin C Ultra Glow Serum

black and silver tube on white surface Photo by Mathilde Langevin on Unsplash

Every other day, I do clean in the mornings which means I hover over products that leave residue on my face and hands. My skin cracks and supple as it would be if I don't wash my face. Sephora's Vitamin C serum keeps my skin healthy-looking. It started as a sample but after a week of using it, I noticed smoother and brighter skin especially around my cheeks. I don't feel as irritated after I rinse my face.

2. NYX Small Brow Kit

woman in black white and red striped shirt standing on green grass field during daytime Photo by Manny Moreno on Unsplash

Something about fuller brows can really complete a face when done right. You see full brows on TikTokers and celebs and I wanted to embody that feature by enhancing the brow set I have. NYX Professional Makeup Eyebrow Cake Powder can help fan your hairs out to appear fuller and bring attention to your eyes along the way. You can also find yourself being more expressive because people use eyebrows as one of the key features to understand facial expressions.

3. IT Cosmetics Mascara

woman using makeup during daytime Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

I keep my makeup very minimal, especially now. Eyeliner was something I practiced a lot but as I kept to myself for months, I learned to somehow appreciate my eyes in another way. IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara outlines the color of my eyes very well without the nervous work of trying to outline my eye equally on both eyelids. It's smooth and quick and easy. It dries at a good pace for an eyelash curler. If you want, curling your lashes or brushing them out enough helps create a more awake-looking appearance. No one needs to know you woke up ten minutes ago!

4. Vaseline Healing Jelly

white shell on white sand Photo by Birgith Roosipuu on Unsplash

Despite the vitamin c serum, my hands are still unprotected by the chores I do. Cleaning gloves would have saved them but I found Vaseline Healing Jelly to be the solution. I used to be really self-conscious of people staring at my severely cracked hands (I still am) but rubbing vaseline into my skin before bed has helped keep it smooth and moisturize the bumpiness. I recommend using this product are areas that are very dry and itchy before bed.

3. Tatcha The Water Cream

happy birthday greeting card beside red lipstick Photo by Jacinta Christos on Unsplash

This is the one product I splurged on because I use face moisturizer twice a day. I wanted something that would not melt off my face during hot days or during any workout. I find Tatcha Water Cream to be very skin-friendly and super absorbent. If you place the lotion between your fingers, it melts smoother than butter. It's a plus that it smells very good. As I started using this, I find myself more confident in going out simply because I know lotion residue wouldn't be falling down my face.

These products are used differently so they vary in size depending on how much I use them. The ones that are seen more like makeup, I keep in a small portable bag. The lotion and vaseline are kept on the side of my bathroom sink.

I implore people to invest in a set of products for their well-being, whether that be beauty products, vitamins, a well-balanced diet, etc because it is good practice to appreciate yourself and your body. That doesn't mean to splurge but be smart about the things you plan to use.