Let's Make 2020 Our Year

Let's Make 2020 Our Year

Who is the best version of me?

4
Let's Make 2020 Our Year

This article is a bit personal, but sometimes my free writing style tends to be similar to diary style. My ultimate goal in life, like most people in the world, is to be genuinely happy. The definition of happiness can completely vary from person to person because people are so unique. We have different goals, passions, personalities, and desires.

With the new year, I want to strive to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be, so breaking down what that version of me looks like will be super helpful. The best version of me wakes up at around 8 a.m. and immediately reaches for the 32 oz Hydroflask of water on my nightstand table. My morning routine is centered around hydration, prioritizing a healthy and balanced breakfast, and 10 min of journaling.

After being ready to tackle the day, I hit the gym to get a good sweat session in. Exercising is a time for me to be selfish and focus on myself, get my endorphins going, and reduce my stress. Post-workout nutrition is vital for me to build the lean and toned physique that I strive for, so a protein shake is always a must before hopping in the shower.

After putting on makeup and doing my hair, I can do those tasks that I have to get done for the day; this might be running to the grocery store, going to classes, studying for upcoming exams, or cooking myself some lunch. The best version of me is surrounded by like-minded people who influence me to be confident and determined to achieve my goals.

I want to try my best to maintain a positive attitude and outlook on life. I want to remember that things don't happen to me, they happen for me. I want to be someone who speaks to themselves with respect. The best version of me treats herself and talk to herself in a kind manner. I want to always remember that if I wouldn't say something mean to someone else, I certainly shouldn't be saying cruel things to myself.

My evening routine is similar to my morning routine. The best version of me prioritizes winding down and relaxing after dinner. Doing a face mask or catching up on some of my favorite TV shows are two of my favorite activities in the evening to decompress. Staying off social media and shutting off my phone will allow me to spend time with friends and loved ones before heading to bed.