This Is How My 2020 Went

This Is How My 2020 Went

My heart was being broken as I was falling in love.

90
This Is How My 2020 Went
Bree Moran

Has anyone seen that TikTok trend called "how my 2020 is going?" Well, I definitely relate to videos that are considered "sappy." My 2020 has been a complete roller coaster with a surprise drop at the end. If I bring quite frank, I can't leave this year without sharing this emotional ride that I have been on since the very beginning of this year.

At the end of 2019, I was brave enough to leave a toxic relationship. Going into 2020, I was regaining my confidence back that was stripped of me from the previous relationship.

My sister with cerebral palsy also became extremely sick which was obviously very hard to cope with.

When 2020 hit, I turned 21 in February, and I celebrated with my family and friends. My birthday was literally three weeks before the COVID-19 shutdown happened. So, finally, COVID came around and shifted everyone's world. I remember going into work the day before schools closed and it was a normal day with my students. I couldn't believe how fast everything happened. I was never able to see those students in person again. I was adjusting to the world of virtual and online.

After a long time of getting used to this quarantine life spring finally came around. Unfortunately for my family, it was not an easy spring. As I mentioned previously my sister had gotten sick earlier in the year and she ended up passing away in late April. It was extremely difficult. It was almost this numb feeling. Nothing felt real to me. I just couldn't believe what was going on not only in my personal life but in the world as well.

In the mix of going through a lot of hard things, I ended up meeting a really great guy! We started dating early May. I went on my first hike with him and even caught my first fish with him! We went on so many adventures - of course, all while being COVID safe! I got to visit the state of Maine for the first time and it really helped me feel wholesome again! Falling in love with someone during a pandemic is definitely an experience in itself but I would not want to change it for the world. This person changed my life for the good. Although my heart was broken from losing a sibling it was almost like my heart was being broken as I was falling in love. I always told myself God works in very funny ways!

I am looking forward to 2021 being a time of getting back to normalcy and watching our world regain some stamina again.