To 2019

To 2019

And the promises I have vow to keep to myself this year.

89
To 2019
Emilee Day

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were more willing to step outside of my comfort zone.

Far too often, I am quick to do things that satisfy the confines of my comfort zone. However, I believe we are called to step outside of our comfort zones and do things that stretch who we are.

This past New Years Eve, I spent time with my best friend in her hometown alongside one of our other friends. While this trip was short but sweet, it was spontaneous. It was a tiny, precious trip that will always stay in my memory. The beauty of just driving 100 miles and exploring my best friends hometown was simple, but so very worth it.

When we allow ourselves to set limits on our life, and step into the mundane routine that society forces us into, we begin to take life way too seriously. What if we simultaneously worked towards our goals and went on spontaneous adventures without the fear of what others would think and what work was waiting for you when you got back?

While my New Years trip was a small adventure, it set a fire inside of me. What if I was always willing just to go?

So, in 2019, I promise to stretch myself.

I promise to go on adventures with my best friends, without hesitation.

I promise never to take life too seriously, no matter the circumstance.

I promise to invest in myself and the people that I love.

I promise never to let life draw its boundaries around me.

When we become stagnant and allow ourselves to accept living a mediocre life, we are selling ourselves short.

2019 is full of promises, and these are just a few that I am striving to keep to myself.

Let us break the confines of routine, and be willing to drive 100 miles to see a family member, partner, or long lost best friend.