10 Ways To Make Every Day A Good Day In 2019

Each day is a fresh start.

72
Madison Vice

A lot of people seem to collectively agree that 2018... sucked. On Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and every other social media platform, users are declaring that 2019 is going to be their year. While I agree that 2018 was rough, I believe that life is what you make it. When you wake up each morning, you have a fresh chance to have the best day of your life. Here's to 2019, making good decisions, and having a good day every day.

1. Change Your Attitude

Attitude really is everything. The way you think about things is the way they become. Negative mindset? Negative life. Having a good outlook in every situation, even the not so great ones, will completely change your life. Wake up each morning and declare it a good day. Instead of groaning when your alarm goes off, be thankful that you woke up. Instead of dreading Mondays, embrace the freshness of the week.

2. Get Some Sleep

The human body loves routine. In fact, irregular sleep schedules are bad for your health. Pick a bedtime for yourself and set your alarm for the same time each day. Creating healthy habits is good for the soul too!

3. Get Some Exercise & Eat Your Veggies

My personal least favorite- but it has to be done!!! Even if you aren't dieting and exercising to lose weight, creating regular healthy habits is super good for you. Your body will thank you, your mental health will thank you, and your future 45-year-old self will thank you.

4. Always Dress Your Best

I'm not talking about wearing your prom dress to class. Instead of rolling out in your pajama pants and hair in a messy bun, put a little bit more effort into your appearance. Looking good means feeling good. Having confidence is a major key in 2019.

5. Be Productive

Don't let your laundry pile up, and don't wait until the last minute to start that paper! Procrastination leads to unnecessary stress and little sleep. We are here for productivity and punctuality in 2019.

6. Take Time For Yourself

Life can be insanely overwhelming, and sometimes all we need is a little time to reflect. Start journaling, meditating, or listening to music alone for a set amount of time each day to heal your soul and reflect on yourself!!!

7. Count Your Blessings

The best way to start your day is reminding yourself how much you have to be thankful for. Speak them aloud or write them down, but always count your blessings each morning to stay humble and thankful.

8. Be More Environmentally Conscious

2019 is the year to go green! Use less plastic water bottles, more organic and earth-friendly products, and for God's Sake- stop littering. Using natural products is great for your health and great for the Earth. It's time to start taking care of our home!

9. Learn Something New Each Day

Knowledge is power! We literally have so much information at our fingertips but continue to choose ignorance. Read a book, expand your vocabulary, study another culture, even cook a new recipe! Never stop learning. A holistic, knowledgeable life is a fulfilled life.

10. Focus on yourSELF

Self care is becoming increasingly trendier, but it seems as if most people don't really know what self care is. It is more than a warm bath and a face mask. Self care is coming to terms with your life and being honest with yourself. Focusing on yourself and becoming more aware of who you are and what you want out of this new year will lead to achieving your dreams. Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Focus on yourself and what you need to be successful and happy this year.