Start Off Your New Year With These 2019 Book Releases

If your new year's resolution is to read more, I get you! I've included a wide spectrum of books, all from different themes, genres, and plots! From thrilling suspense to light-hearted contemporary, these intriguing new releases will certainly expand your TBR list and fill your bookshelves, so you'll have plenty of options to choose from to keep you entertained. You're welcome.

Here, I've included my top picks for each new release, meaning new month, new book! This will have you set from January to June!

1. January -- ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜Ž๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

Goodreads

From the authors of the bestseller ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ž๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜œ๐˜ด comes a suspenseful novel about passion, doubt, and just how much you can trust someone, even someone who might be hiding a dark, twisted secret.

Here's the synopsis, according to Google Books:

"Seeking women ages 18-32 to participate in a study on ethics and morality. Generous compensation. Anonymity guaranteed. When Jessica Farris signs up for a psychology study conducted by the mysterious Dr. Shields, she thinks all she'll have to do is answer a few questions, collect her money, and leave. But as the questions grow more and more intense and invasive and the sessions become outings where Jess is told what to wear and how to act, she begins to feel as though Dr. Shields may know what she's thinking... and what she's hiding. As Jess's paranoia grows, it becomes clear that she can no longer trust what is real in her life, and what is one of Dr. Shields' manipulative experiments. Caught in a web of deceit and jealousy, Jess quickly learns that some obsessions can be deadly."

2. February -- ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด by Kate Quinn

Barnes and Noble

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด is a captivating piece of WWII historical fiction about a battle-haunted English journalist and a Russian female bomber pilot who join forces to track the Huntress, a Nazi war criminal gone to ground in America.

"In the aftermath of war, the hunter becomes the hunted . . .

On the icy edge of Soviet Russia, bold and reckless Nina Markova joins the infamous Night Witches โ€“ an all-female bomber regiment โ€“ wreaking havoc on Hitler's eastern front. But when she is downed behind enemy lines and thrown across the path of a lethal Nazi murderess known as the Huntress, Nina must use all her wits to survive.

British war correspondent Ian Graham has witnessed the horrors of war from Omaha Beach to the Nuremberg Trials. He abandons journalism after the war to become a Nazi hunter, yet one target eludes him: the Huntress. Fierce, disciplined Ian must join forces with reckless, cocksure Nina, the only witness to escape the Huntress alive.

In post-war Boston, seventeen-year-old Jordan McBride is delighted when her long-widowed father brings home a fiancรฉe. But Jordan grows increasingly disquieted by the soft-spoken German widow who seems to be hiding something. Delving into her new stepmother's past, Jordan slowly realizes that a Nazi killer may be hiding in plain sight."

3. March --ย ๐˜Ž๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ by Helen Oyeyemi

Barnes and Noble

Here's the synopsis, according to Penguin Random House:

"Influenced by the mysterious place gingerbread holds in classic children's storiesโ€”equal parts wholesome and uncanny, from the tantalizing witch's house in "Hansel and Gretel" to the man-shaped confection who one day decides to run as fast as he canโ€”beloved novelist Helen Oyeyemi invites readers into a delightful tale of a surprising family legacy, in which the inheritance is a recipe.

Perdita Lee may appear to be your average British schoolgirl; Harriet Lee may seem just a working mother trying to penetrate the school social hierarchy, but there are signs that they might not be as normal as they think they are. For one thing, they share a gold-painted, seventh-floor walk-up apartment with some surprisingly verbal vegetation. And then there's the gingerbread they make. Londoners may find themselves able to take or leave it, but it's very popular in Druhรกstrana, the far-away (or, according to many sources, non-existent) land of Harriet Lee's early youth. The world's truest lover of the Lee family gingerbread, however, is Harriet's charismatic childhood friend Gretel Kercheval โ€”a figure who seems to have had a hand in everything (good or bad) that has happened to Harriet since they met.

Decades later, when teenaged Perdita sets out to find her mother's long-lost friend, it prompts a new telling of Harriet's story. As the book follows the Lees through encounters with jealousy, ambition, family grudges, work, wealth, and real estate, gingerbread seems to be the one thing that reliably holds a constant value. Endlessly surprising and satisfying, written with Helen Oyeyemi's inimitable style and imagination, it is a true feast for the reader."

4. April -- ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜Š๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ by Joan He

Barnes and Noble

In this Chinese-inspired fantasy, debut author Joan He introduces a determined yet vulnerable young heroine struggling to do right in a world brimming with deception.

" 'Tyrants cut out hearts. Rulers sacrifice their own.' Princess Hesina of Yan has always been eager to shirk the responsibilities of the crown, but when her beloved father is murdered, she's thrust into power, suddenly the queen of an unstable kingdom. Determined to find her father's killer, Hesina does something desperate: she engages the aid of a soothsayer--a treasonous act, punishable by death... because, in Yan, magic was outlawed centuries ago.

Using the information illicitly provided by the sooth, and uncertain if she can trust even her family, Hesina turns to Akira--a brilliant and alluring investigator who's also a convicted criminal with secrets of his own. With the future of her kingdom at stake, can Hesina find justice for her father? Or will the cost be too high?"

5. May --ย ๐˜ˆ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ, ๐˜‰๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณย by Christine Riccio

Goodreads

From beloved book-reviewer YouTuber with over 400,000 subscribers comes a highly-anticipated debut novel 2 years in the making!

"Shane has been doing college all wrong. Her life has been dorm, dining hall, class, repeat. She needs a change โ€” there's nothing like moving to a new country to really mix things up. Shane signs up for a semester abroad in London. She's going to right all her college mistakes: make friends, pursue boys, and find adventure! Easier said than done.

She is soon faced with the complicated realities of living outside her bubble, and when self-doubt sneaks in, her new life starts to fall apart.

Shane comes to find that, with the right amount of courage and determination one can conquer anything. Throw in some fate and a touch of magic - the possibilities are endless."

6. June -- ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด by Margaret Rogerson

Barnes and Noble

New York Times bestselling author of ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜™๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด, Margaret Rogerson brings forth an imaginative fantasy about an apprentice at a magical library who must battle a powerful sorcerer to save her kingdom.

"All sorcerers are evil. Elisabeth has known that as long as she has known anything. Raised as a foundling in one of Austermeer's Great Libraries, Elisabeth has grown up among the tools of sorceryโ€”magical grimoires that whisper on shelves and rattle beneath iron chains. If provoked, they transform into grotesque monsters of ink and leather. She hopes to become a warden, charged with protecting the kingdom from their power.
Then an act of sabotage releases the library's most dangerous grimoire. Elisabeth's desperate intervention implicates her in the crime, and she is torn from her home to face justice in the capital. With no one to turn to but her sworn enemy, the sorcerer Nathaniel Thorn, and his mysterious demonic servant, she finds herself entangled in a centuries-old conspiracy. Not only could the Great Libraries go up in flames, but the world along with them.
As her alliance with Nathaniel grows stronger, Elisabeth starts to question everything she's been taughtโ€”about sorcerers, about the libraries she loves, even about herself. For Elisabeth has a power she has never guessed, and a future she could never have imagined."