13 Songs Your 2018 Workout Playlist Absolutely Must Have

New year, new me. Am I right?

696
Vance Osterhout

It’s the start of 2018. We have made out goals and wishes for the new year. I bet that most people made a goal to try to get fit in 2018. I know I totally did and have been for the past eight years. Let’s start off right! In order to get a good workout, we need a popping playlist. The perfect playlist allows you to jam out but also motivate you to push through the pain.

So here is a couple of songs that you might like to be on you 2018 workout playlist.

To start off let’s get some classics in there.

The Classics:

1. “Welcome to the Jungle” – Guns N’ Roses

This song will get you pumped! Whether it's stretching, running or cooling down, this song will make you feel like a champion!

2. “Yeah!” – Usher

You can't go wrong with some classic Usher! You will be feeling sexy and free with this song. You might bust a move on the treadmill or somewhere in the gym but that's ok because at least you made it to the gym! Yeah!

3. “Immigrant Song” – Led Zeppelin

Your blood will be pumping and your eyes on the prize with this song. You will feel something rise within you, motivation. This song will have you running a mile in four minutes! (If you can actually do that, that's really impressive.)

4. “Thunderstruck” – AC/DC

OMG! This song will have you lifting more than football player and basketball players combined. You will turn into the Hulk and kill that workout! You will become Zeus and thunderstruck other people with your awesomeness.

5. “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi

When Bon Jovi sings about Tommy and Gina, you will feel all sort of ways, including some motivation to go out there and kill it on the streets. (a.k.a the gym.) Others will be praying to be just like you because of how much you can lift.

6. “Rock You Like a Hurricane” - Scorpions

You will be able to rock the gym away. You will be doing your whole routine five times more and twice as fast!

Modern Music:

7. “Joker and the Thief” – Wolfmother

This. This will get you going, man. With that opening note, you'll be speeding through your workout and seeing results!

8. “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark” – Fall Out Boy

Can't go wrong with Fall Out Boy. This song will have you screaming in the gym and everyone will look at you. Who cares?! You are a beast.

9. “Gasolina” – Daddy Yankee

We need to get some Spanish music in there. You will be dancing the day away with this song! Your hip swivels and butt shaking with this song will get you in tip-top shape.

10. “Work B**ch” - Brittany Spears

If I were to have one motivation song, it would be this one. I want to party in Paris and own some fancy cars. Brittany will help you realize that and get you on the right path.

11. “MIC Drop” (feat. Desiigner) [Steve Aoki Remix] – BTS

You might not understand all the words in this song but that doesn't mean you won't feel the beat. Steve Aoki drops some sick beats and you will be able to shake it all off!

12. “Secrets” – State Champs

Let's throw some alternative into the mix! You will scream, dance and scream again with this song. You will feel it in your soul and you will survive!

13. “Danza Kuduro” – Don Omar

Last one for this mix! You will feel that you have accomplished so much with this song. You reaching that final mile and with this song, you will finish it!

Hopefully, these get you off your seat and ready to workout! There are just some on my personal playlist that gets me through weights and running but you can always add way more. Remember to pick some songs that you enjoy to listen to, has an upbeat tempo and something you can jam out to. It’s a new year, which means a new you. Let’s get ready to work our butts off and slay 2018!