A Look Back At My Crazy, Beautiful 2018 Through My Eyes
New Year

A look back on my crazy, beautiful life.

100
Sophia Mayfield

It is truly astounding how much growth and change can come from just one year. This past year was filled with memories and new adventures that have helped me to grow as a person. Here's a little glimpse at what my life entailed over the year.

Lets flashback through a 2018 scrapbook.

January

Sophia Mayfield

My wonderful birth month, January. I was still in high school, just about five more months until I graduated. My main focus was on "City," a basketball tournament in which four of our local teams played. It was the biggest pom performance of the whole year. Poms' is basically a high-school dance team. I wanted it to be perfect and the whole team worked extremely hard on it… I think it paid off.

I ended this month off by turning the big 18. It is crazy to me how much has changed in my life just by looking back at the beginning of this year.

February

Sophia Mayfield

This month was important, I didn't really think that then, but looking back on it was very influential. I chose to join "The Voice," it was an outlet for kids to write for our local newspaper. I had articles published often online and I was very happy I was getting to write things that people saw. Getting to be a part of this really helped me realize it was potentially something I would love doing as a profession.

March

Sophia Mayfield

March was just like the others, except my friends and I were realizing high school was going to end soon. We wanted to make as many memories together as we could.

April

Sophia Mayfield

April is always a fun month, it has many things going on. April meant prom and classes were getting easier. It was the end of senior year, almost, and we were all just happy. Warmer weather and fun times.

May

Sophia Mayfield

MAY… senior pranks and graduation. I was sad but excited. I had such a new adventure ahead, but it seemed like our class was just now getting close and having fun. I wasn't sure if I wanted that to end.

May was so entertaining and enjoyable. It was full of graduation parties and memories.

June

Sophia Mayfield

This month began the summer of my life. I had my orientation for my college, where I got to have fun with my future roomie and see a glimpse of what my life would be like the next four years. I got to go to a Post Malone concert with my best friend and sister. I got to help my favorite kids with their special needs dance class performance in the recital.

I ended June with my family for our vacay to Florida. Something I wait for each year because I love the beach so much.

Oh, and this was the summer I flew on an airplane for the first time.

July

Sophia Mayfield

July was memorable as well. I got to go on a trip with my best friends and moms to Florida. We made memories that would last us a lifetime and we got to spend time together before we parted our ways.

My mom, dad, sister and I got to take an impromptu trip to St. Louis to see Kenny Chesney in concert. Someone we have wanted to see our whole lives.

August

Sophia Mayfield

Wow, it's finally here. Before my besties and I had to part our ways, we had to do one more thing. Lollapalooza!! I was so excited to go to this music festival, a dream I have always had. We went for two out of the four days. We got to see Travis Scott, Post Malone, BORNS, Bruno Mars and so many more amazing people.

Then we were all off to our new beginning, college.

September 2018 - January 2019 

Sophia Mayfield

Let me sum up the past five months of college. I made it into a sorority that I have made forever sisters. I have met so many new people and friends. I have studied long and hard and I have realized that college isn't always fun. I made dean's list, which I didn't really expect I could pull off but I did.

The first semester of freshman year has been a crazy ride that I would never change and I hope the second semester brings even more memories.