5 Things You Should Be Doing To Make 2018 The Best Year Yet

The start of the new year is exciting but overwhelming.

285

2018, you are finally here! For some you have been counting down the days until it arrived, and some have been hoping that you will be just as good as 2017. No matter what your thoughts are though it's the start of a new year, and that is exciting! Some of you may be buckling down on your new year's resolutions, while others are staying far away from anything that is remotely related to that word. Whatever your feelings are, there are a few steps that you can take to ensure that you are prepared for everything that this year has to offer. Keep reading to see what you can do to make 2018 an even better year:

1. Planner

It shouldn't be a surprise that this is the first thing on the list. For all you planner-lovers out there (myself included) this is like Christmas all over again. A new planner with possibly a new layout is the start of it all. Filling it out with all of your known plans makes you feel organized and also makes you excited for all the things that 2018 will have in store for you!

2. Journal

Buy a new journal and track your year. It doesn't necessarily have to be a diary that holds all your secrets. It can be more like a scrapbook if you want. It's exciting and nostalgic to look back on all the fun events and experiences that have happened over the course of the year. It's funny the things you remember and the things you wouldn't have remembered if you didn't write it down!

3. Resolutions? Goals? Challenges?

Some people dislike the word resolutions and some people love it! However you feel about it, everyone has goals or challenges that they want to overcome. So figure out what it is you want to achieve and find a way to incorporate that goal into your everyday life.

4.Vision Board

Speaking of making your dreams part of your daily routine... if you are a super crafty and visual person than vision boards just might be your thing! Don't forget to update it though! Look at everything you have accomplished in the last year and create a vision for what you want your next year to look like.

5. Clean

This may be the last thing that you want to see on this list, but it makes a bigger difference than you realize it does. While you are putting away all of your Christmas decorations take the opportunity to deep clean your house. Go through and organize everything. Throw away or donate items that are no longer needed. You won't regret it!

The start of a new year is exciting, but can easily become overwhelming. Use these five steps to help make things a little easier and also help you get excited for everything that is coming your way. Here is to 2018!