2017 Is Going To Be My Year!

2017 Is Going To Be My Year!

Resolutions were never my thing but maybe they can be.

11
2017 Is Going To Be My Year!
Dreams Time

I was never a person that made New Years Resolutions or if I did I never kept them past the first few months. Alright, let's be honest, past the first few weeks. Yet after the year that I have had I want to make those resolutions and I want to keep them for more than a couple of weeks. I want this next year to be my year and I don't want to have any regrets, I want to do the things I want to do and not look book. I've come up with a couple of New Year's resolutions and if I am able to keep at least a couple of them the whole year, that will make it my year.

1. Read More

I'm a book worm at heart and I used to read all the time when I was a child, I even have my own library of a couple hundred books but I don't read like I used to. With the stress of school and work on my brain for the past couple of years I just put luxury reading on the back burner and never lit the flame. I wanted to change that for this next year and I think I have the perfect plan to help me do just that. I just signed up for Book of the Month club, an online book club of sorts where you choose a book each month and then can discuss your thoughts with other members in the club. I'm looking forward to this in the New Year and hopefully it will help me achieve my goal of reading at least two luxury novels a month.

2. Stay More Organized

I like to refer to myself as an organized mess because of the fact that my room and my life sometimes seems like a mess to others but I know where everything is and isn't that enough? With that being said I'm sure a little more organization in my life wouldn't hurt things and I want to make an effort to change this aspect of my life. I always get a new planner for each year or each semester and never use it completely but with this resolution I'm making an effort not only to stay more organized but to make sure I use that dang planner everyday.

3. Write More

This one might sound weird to you because I write an article every week but that's about all of the writing I've been doing for the past couple of months besides school assignments. I want to make an effort to write more random thing and write more in the novels I'm trying to write. I was once told by someone that it is good to write everyday, even if its just your grocery list for the week and that's what I plan to do. I'm going to write my grocery lists, I'm going to write those "To-Do" list that I never actually do but tell myself I will, and I'm going to finish one of the novels I've been working on if its the last thing I do.

4. Take Charge of my Health

You know the old age New Year's resolution that everyone makes to go to the gym more or exercise more, so they join a gym in January, stay for a month and then end their membership, that is not me. Ever since I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis this past summer I have wanted to take charge of my life and my health, and I didn't do a very good job this past semester. I can tell you that it was because I didn't have time to or that I was too stressed to worry about it but that's the thing it should have been one of the things I worried about and I just didn't. I joined Planet Fitness before I found out about my diagnoses and went a couple of times but that's it, I did not set a foot in that gym after I was diagnosed and I'm going to change that. In this next year I am going to go to the gym more and exercise more, I eat healthier or as healthy as any other college student can but I'm not going to let it stop after one month. I will preserve and I will take charge of my health and my life.

5. Do More Crafts

I'm a very creative person and I have always been this way. I sew, I knit, I draw, I write, and I bake, before you say anything, yes baking can be considered a craft. My grandma taught me how to sew and bake when I was younger and we always did it together. My aunt, and YouTube, taught me how to knit and I've actually been getting back into my knitting recently. I can't really say that anyone taught me how to draw or write but I have had people influence me on both of these things. All of these things are things that I've placed on that back burner and have failed to light the flame but not anymore and not this time. I've already started to get back into my knitting and I can only go up from here. If I can finish one project a month, I will be an extremely happy camper.

Now these are my New Year's resolutions and I hope to stand by them when this year is over. I strive to achieve my goals and I hope that you can as well, so what are your New Years Resolutions?