2016 Summer Clothing Trends

2016 Summer Clothing Trends

Remember that this summer will be great because of the special people you spend it with and the fun adventures y'all take on together instead of how you look, though that's part of the fun of it too.

6
2016 Summer Clothing Trends
geniusquotes.org

I have always viewed summer as a time that I am able to truly express my style because of the flexibility I have with my outfits caused by the warm weather. Last summer, I broke out my jean dresses, Birkenstock sandals, and wayfarer sunnies, and this year I'm bringing in those -- plus more! Summer 2016, watch out, I'm bringing game!

Heart Sunnies

Flirty and fun, heart-shaped sunnies have always been one of my favorites. They are a perfect mix of cool and silly making you appear relaxed, yet everyone around you also knows you're so ready to have a good time. Plus you'll look so sweet while protecting your eyes from the blazing sun as you tan by the pool or float in the river. With your heart sunnies, you're ready for whatever the hot summer day brings!

Lace Bralettes

A lace bralette (alone or...) paired with a classic crop top has been a popular trend for awhile now, but for good reason! Bralettes are sweet and feminine but also show a more edgy and revealing side as well. In addition, they are ever so comfortable and what beats comfort on a night out?! It's the best of both worlds. They'll give you just the right amount of cool when you throw yours on this summer and you'll look great too.

Bright Lips

Summer is a season of bright, blooming flowers and bright green grass, it only makes sense that your lip color follows suit! A bold lip color boosts up your confidence and brightens your whole face, making you appear sun-kissed and sweet. I've also heard that bright lips are more likely to be kissed because they draw more attention. Looks like you're going to have an eventful time on your date tonight!

Off-the-shoulder necklines

A good way to show off your newly tanned shoulders is an off-the-shoulder neckline. Elegant yet sweet, this necklace is flattering by showing just enough skin. It is also tasteful because of its lack of cleavage. In private school, I was always told that shoulders were provocative, why not use that little idea to your advantage this summer?

And most importantly, keep in mind that this summer will be great because of the special people you spend it with and the fun adventures y'all take on together instead of how you look -- though that's important too!