2016 New Year's Resolutions

2016 New Year's Resolutions

Out with the old, in with the new.

11
2016 New Year's Resolutions
http://www.welcomehappynewyear2016.com/

Can you believe that another year has already flown by? As we say goodbye to 2015 we should reflect on how much has changed during the course of the year. Even though the year may not have felt very long, you'd be surprised to look back at how much actually happened. Based on experiences from 2015 you may realize that you want to reevaluate some of your life choices. When is a better time to do that than in 2016? A new year brings in the perfect opportunity to begin making changes for the better.

Each person has different goals, so it's best to sit down and really think about how you can better yourself in 2016. Think about any bad habits that you may have or how you handle certain situations. Do any of them require change? Begin by making a list of any New Year's resolutions that you'd like to see happen. Then, reread your list and see what goals are actually reachable. You don't want to set yourself up for failure.

Below I have come up with a few New Year's resolutions that aren't impossible, but do require some time and effort. Remember that these goals are realistic, but you must be determined to succeed.

1. Get In Shape

Many people make a resolution to lose weight. Losing weight doesn't necessarily make you healthier overall, but getting into shape sure does. Getting into shape involves becoming more active. Nowadays with TV, video games, tablets, and smartphones people spend more time sitting around on these devices than doing anything physical. A good way to achieve this resolution is by putting down the technology and get involved in physical activities--whether its going on walks, going to the gym, or riding your bike.

2. Stop Procrastinating

Procrastination is the biggest thing that prevents most people from achieving their goals. Once you get into the routine of procrastinating it's hard to get yourself out of it. If you're not in it already, you don't want to fall into the trap. You'll notice that if you get things done right away instead of saving it for last minute your stress level decreases. You won't have any thoughts about what you need to get done nagging you constantly in the back of your head.

3. Keep A Journal

Even if you just write a few thoughts per day before bed you will be surprised by of all the benefits that you will earn. Writing about your emotions can help you heal mentally. A journal is like a counselor in a way. You get to vent about whatever may be on your mind and you'll feel better to get it out afterward--even if it's just on paper. Keeping a journal also sparks your creativity. Before you know it you'll find yourself rambling on and on about things that you never even thought that you had in you.

4. Spend More Time With The People Who Matter Most To You

Life is short and you never know who will wake up tomorrow. That's why it's important to spend more time with the people who matter the most to you. Make it a priority to be with family and friends who are always there for you more than those "fake friends." After all, who's going to be there for you when you catch yourself in a bad or sad situation?

5. Do More Of What Makes You Happy

By spending most of your time doing whatever makes you happy, you'll notice an increase of your own self-contentment. The best way to get out of a rut, or to avoid getting in one, is by doing what you enjoy. By doing what you love there will be an instant increase in your happiness and nothing is more important than self-happiness?

I hope that you consider these few New Year's resolutions to be a part of your list. They all increase your mood in a positive way, which is more important than anything else. All five of these goals are reachable, but you must put in the work to achieve them. You can do it! I wish you all a happy New Year and good luck on those resolutions.