Let's Take A Trip Down Memory Lane And Reminisce On 7 Things Only 2000s Kids Will Remember

Hopefully this doesn't make you feel too nostalgic.

360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZR2ozOf42M

Growing up in the 2000s was great, yet strange. I was born in the late 90s, so I guess I can't be considered a true "90's kid". Being a 2000s kid is such a weird thing because we spent our childhood in a world where WiFi was not prevalent, but we watched it become something that we now cannot live without.

I spent my early years playing outside on swing sets, climbing across the monkey bars, or playing with Barbie dolls. Now, kids spend a lot of time in front of screens, sometimes WATCHING other kids play with toys. One of the highest paid Youtubers of today is a 7-year-old boy, Ryan ToysReview. He plays with toys and reviews them, which kids love to watch. He earns around 22 million dollars a year.

The internet has become something kids of today cannot live without. I personally am completely on board with that need for WiFi, but I feel like I had a better childhood, because I was not entirely immersed in an electronic device. Toddlers know how to use iPhones and tablets now! Things have changed drastically.

If you are a 2000s kid, you will definitely feel nostalgic after going through this list I have compiled of some things I remember from my childhood. These might trigger memories you didn't even know you had! Enjoy!

1. VCR

Today we can stream content from any device easily. While I was growing up, I remember buying VCR movies and having to rewind them so that I could watch them again and again. Things are so much easier now with DVDs and streaming services. Kids don't know how lucky they are to not have to wait to replay a movie!

2. Barbie's The Princess and the Pauper

When I turned 7, my cousin bought me a princess and the pauper Barbie doll that had the barbie movie. I watched this movie about a hundred times, and learned the songs in it like my life depended on it. My favorite song was "I Am a Girl Like You". I saw this video on twitter the other day and I felt extremely nostalgic.

3. Perfection

This was my favorite game to play with my cousins as a kid. I remember how anxious the ticking clock made me feel. This game is endless which makes it so fun. If you've never played this before, you should. It takes those little shape fitting baby games to a whole new level!

4. Silly Bandz

Around 2010, silly bandz took over the world. In 5th grade, I went to Washington D.C. for my safety patrol trip and on the second day, we went to a gift shop that sold these bands and everyone on the trip attacked the bands. One kid bought 10 packs of the bands. I don't know why these bands were so popular, but they were a trademark of my young life. I had tons of bands of animals, shapes, and buildings.

5. Tamagotchis

Every girl in my class in fourth grade had one of these. After enough begging, I convinced my mom to buy me one. I played with it for a couple of weeks, and then it died. It was fun while it lasted because everyone was obsessed with it. I'm not sure if I ever enjoyed the game, or if I just got it because everyone else did. Either way, these tiny machines bring back childhood memories nonetheless.

6. The Big Comfy Couch

I have no idea what channel this show was on, but I definitely remember watching it. The only thing I remember about it is that the girl in the show would use her legs to tell the time. I saw this show posted on Twitter a while ago and I didn't even realize I remembered it.

7. WebKinz, Club Penguin, and Build a Bear Ville

These three websites were my favorite things in the world when I was in elementary school. I loved buying webkinz so that I could dress them up and design their houses online. Club penguin had all the best games and the map on it was super fun. My friends and I would get on at the same time everyday and play online games together. Build a bearville was a site you could get access to if you had a build a bear. It was really fun and interactive. I loved playing on these sites.

These are just some of the things I can recall from my childhood. Hopefully, you can remember these things as well. Kids nowadays don't know what they missed out on.