20 Ways To Brighten Someone's Day

20 Ways To Brighten Someone's Day

"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." —Howard Zinn

3122
20 Ways To Brighten Someone's Day
Huffington Post

The world would be a much better place if we all did random acts of kindness for one another. In the midst of all of the negativity and controversy surrounding us today, it's nice to shed a little bit of light onto someone's life. You never know if you could be the one to turn their day around. Even if you don't remember what you did later that day, it most likely will leave an impact on the receiver of it and could start a chain reaction of goodhearted actions. Here are twenty easy ways you could make someone's day.

1. Give a compliment.

"Hey I like your shoes" or "You're smile is really awesome" are two small comments that could someone could remember for a very long time. It can boost their self esteem and next time they look at themselves, they'll be able to admire that feature just a little bit more knowing someone took time out of their day to notice it.

2. Hold the door open.

It may be little, but it is very appreciated.

3. Talk to them.

People love to talk about what's going on in their lives. Who knows, if you listen you may learn something, too.

4. Buy their food.

That coffee on a bad morning could definitely change their attitude going into work.

5. Help them.

Offer a hand if they drop something or could use another person to get the task done.

6. Let someone get in front of you in bad traffic.

We've all been there, help someone else avoid the annoyance. It is seriously appreciated.

7. Tell a loved one how grateful you are for them.

Saying how important they are in your life is an awesome way to make them want to stay around. What's better than making the ones you love, feel loved?

8. Surprise a friend with a small gift.

It doesn't have to be big or extravagant, it's the thought that counts!

9. Give a hug.

Whether it's an exciting or a comforting one, sometimes it's exactly what someone needs.

10. Give them a call.

Your family, grandparents especially, love getting phone calls and catching up on your latest adventures in life. Let them know what you've been up to!

11. Write someone a note.

A nice note to a friend or writing on your receipt along with the tip at a restaurant may be small, but it can go a long way.

12. Let someone else have shotgun.

Who doesn't love riding shotgun?

13. Leave change in the vending machine.

Maybe a child will come along and get super excited that they can actually have that candy bar they've been staring down. Nothing makes a child happier than chocolate, you can't deny that.

14. Bake someone cookies.

Surprise your neighbor with a nice treat or drop them off at a friend's house!

15. If they're sad be a shoulder to cry on.

Having someone who is there for you is so helpful when you're going through a tough time.

16. Send a letter.

I personally love getting handwritten letters in the mail. It's the little joys in life.

17. Laugh at their jokes.

It does no harm to raise someone's self esteem for a quick second.

18. Make everyone feel important.

No one wants to be left out, so put a little extra effort in to make sure they don't feel like that while you're around. As Kid President said, "Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody."

19. Smile at people.

Something so simple can go such a long way.

20. Be kind.

In everything you do, try your best to be kind. You never know how someone else's day has gone and there's no reason for you to be a negative part of it.