20 Ways To Build Up Your Bank Account This Summer

Cha-ching! Use these ideas to make some money this summer.

40
Photo by Micheile Henderson on Unsplash

Whether you're a college student — or simply a person who needs extra cash — there are various ways to wrack up some extra dough this summer. To afford college classes, purchase new clothes or plan an expensive vacation, you'll need money. It's an inevitable fact of life.

So, if you are someone who's looking for new ways to make money, this is the page for you. Are you tired of the traditional money-making methods? Well, here are twenty ideas to motivate you to start making money today. They are simple and easy.

1. Host a yard sale or garage sale.

Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash

Sell the possessions you no longer use or enjoy!

Do you no longer wear that blue shirt at the back of your closet? Did you quit playing the guitar? Just host a yard sale and make money off the items you no longer use.

2. Get a part-time job in your community.

Photo by Blake Wisz on Unsplash

As stereotypical as it may seem, there are many work opportunities all around you. Just apply! The worst they can say is "no."

3. Start babysitting or house sitting.

Photo by Johnny Cohen on Unsplash

Parents need to work, and day care services are expensive.

4. Set up an Etsy shop or small business for homemade creations.

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

Find your niche, and monetize off it.

5. Sell your old clothes or possessions online.

Photo by Surface on Unsplash

This is similar to a yard sale. Just take your sales to the global web.

6. Get paid by your neighbors for yard work duties (i.e. gardening and mowing).

Photo by Benjamin Combs on Unsplash

You may get your hands dirty with this one!!! Inform people in the community that you are ready to work and help out.

7. Deliver food and beverages through a delivery service.

Photo by Aleisha Kalina on Unsplash

Work with a service like Uber Eats!

8. Participate in online surveys and research.

Photo by Lukas Blazek on Unsplash

The money adds up over time!!! There are many online opportunities.

9. Become an academic tutor or athletic trainer for children and students in your neighborhood.

Photo by Susan Q Yin on Unsplash

Use your skills in subjects like math, science or soccer to help the children in your community.

10. Start a blog or social media account.

Photo by Anete Lūsiņa on Unsplash

Blogging and social media can be a passive form of income. Simply, form a brand. Spread your message. Then, make partnerships with local companies.

11. Sell your photography skills (i.e. photograph senior pictures and wedding shoots).

Photo by Patrick on Unsplash

Put your skills to the test. Photograph various events in your community for extra cash.

12. Grow and sell fruits and vegetables.

Photo by Brenda Godinez on Unsplash

Plant some seeds and watch them grow. Try not to eat all your products though.

13. Host a virtual class (i.e. fitness classes or art classes).

Photo by Kari Shea on Unsplash

Use your talents to your advantage.

14. Work as a lifeguard at a local pool or water resort.

Photo by Luc Bélanger on Unsplash

Spend time outside and make yourself some extra cash.

15. Host a family or rent out rooms in your house.

Photo by Kara Eads on Unsplash

Have an extra room? Take advantage of it.

16. Work as a camp counselor or volunteer.

Photo by Josh Hild on Unsplash

Get your clearences, and find a place to counsel this summer.

17. Cook, bake and sell delicious foods.

Photo by Monika Grabkowska on Unsplash

This is definitely a yummy option. Plus, you can learn new life skills in the kitchen.

18. Grocery shop for those in your community who cannot get their own groceries and supplies.

Photo by Lona on Unsplash

People get busy and don't have to time to shop. So, do it for them.

19. Write a short story or novel. 

Photo by fotografierende on Unsplash

It has become an easier process for people to self-publish creative works over the years. Just try to make it a best-seller!!!

20. Thrift! Buy and sell your finds and purchases. You could even transform them into something new. 

Photo by Becca McHaffie on Unsplash

Make some great finds in local thrift stores. Then, sell your discoveries online.

You could also get creative with your finds and make them into something new for your customers. For instance, if you find a cool jacket, why not decorate it with your university's logos? The options are endless.

Good luck building your bank account this summer!