20 Things We Need To Bring Back From Older Generations

If we want to live a life like Gatsby then we have to bring these 20 things back.

1. Ringing the doorbell when picking someone up rather than texting "here."

Millennials basically killed the doorbell industry by texting "here." So next time you think about texting "here," I challenge you to go to the door to pick someone up.

2. Asking someone on a date in person

The vulnerability that comes along with asking someone on a date in person is unrivaled. Asking someone on a date in person is one of the scariest things you can do, but it makes you feel alive and it is much more heartfelt than a text.

3. Telling people how you really feel about them

Stop waiting for the "right time" and tell people how you feel about them when you feel it. Don't let anything go unsaid.

4. Worrying more about happiness than money 

Our generation is completely controlled by money but are any of us truly happy? Money is great but it means nothing if you're not happy. Do what makes you happy and forget the rest.

5. Work ethic

Today's youth has completely forgotten about the value of a hard days work. We need to bring back the forgotten art of sacrifice.

6. Manners

It's simple. Say "please" and "thank you". It's really the little things in life that make the greatest difference.

7. Love letters

Whether it's from a friend or a significant other there is nothing better than receiving a hand written letter. I guarantee you if you write someone a letter they will hold onto it forever.

8. The getting to know you stage

Let's bring back getting to know someone before you get into bed with them. There are other forms of intimacy.

9. Having thick skin

Stop caring what other people think of you. It's your life not theres. Do what makes you happy regardless of what others say.

10. Playing outside

It's like we've all forgotten about one of the best parts of our childhood. Stop sitting inside on your phones and go do something outside. Raise your kids to appreciate playing outside too.

11. Face to face conversations 

Stop hiding behind a screen and meet someone for coffee. There's a lot more meaning in a face to face conversation.

12. Being happy for no reason 

You don't need a reason to be happy. Enjoy where you are in your life right now and stop worrying about what comes next.

13. Going to Church on Sundays 

Religion is being abandoned. Bring back having faith.

14. Holding open doors

Holding open doors for your girl is one of the smallest gestures you can do but it makes her feel so special. Do it more often.

15. Simplicity 

Stop overthinking. Take things for what they are. Enjoy every breath.

16. Being proud to be an American

We live in a great country where people sacrifice so much and yet we find reasons to complain. If you don't like it here leave but I doubt you'll find a better country to live in. Be proud of your country. Home of the free because of the brave after all.

17. Talking on the phone 

Simple. Stop texting and have a phone conversation. If technology is your only option, make sure you make the most out of it.

18. Living your life without fear of judgement 

It's your life. Stop worrying about what your friends and family may think and do what's best for you. The people that are meant to be in your life will be in your life regardless of the choices you make.

19. Living without fear of what will be posted on social media 

Most things that happen these days find their way onto social media but don't let that stop you from living your best life.

20. Hiding behind a screen 

If you have a problem with someone, tell them face to face. If you love someone, tell them face to face. Just stop hiding behind a screen because you're scared of your emotions.