20 Things Anyone With A BIG Extended Family Knows All Too Well

Growing up with lots of relatives has its perks.
3121

1. Family gatherings are typically so loud you have a hard time hearing the person next to you

It is not uncommon to be asked to repeat yourself multiple times while talking to a relative. With so many different conversations going on, you tend to have a hard time hearing everything the person you are talking to is saying.

2. It is impossible to hold family parties on just one level of the house

With so many people, no matter how big a house is, there will be people on each floor. It would be an extremely awkward and a very tight squeeze to try and all stay on the same floor.

3. Everyone you know has some connection to a relative of yours

It seems like all of your friends somehow know one of your relatives. Whether they played baseball with your cousin a few years back or worked with your aunt, everyone seems to find a way to know a family member

4. You run into relatives running errands

It is totally normal to run into a family member while doing random errands, and although you see them all the time, the surprise of this time makes it even more exciting than normal

5. If you bring a friend to a family party you have to warn them about how crazy everyone gets

Due to the fact that everyone is so close, family parties tend to be a little crazy, so you have to warn anyone who is not used to how hectic things may get

6. If you don’t check the cousins group chat for 30 minutes you have about 100 new messages

With so many kids, group chats tend to blow up and every single conversation somehow makes you laugh, whether it is something Grandma said or just an embarrassing moment your cousins shared.

7. You find an excuse to get together for any holiday

It doesn't matter if it is Christmas or Labor Day, you know you'll be having a family event to celebrate

8. On your birthday, your phone never seems to stop ringing

With such a big family, on your special day everyone either texts or calls you, which means your phone is blowing up the whole day

9. You are totally used to Aunts and Uncles slipping up and calling you the wrong name on accident

It is so hard to keep track with so many kids, can you blame them?

10. Growing up, you would always get Hand Me Downs from your older cousins

For sure a perk if you're one of the youngest

11. At big events, such as graduation parties, half the guest list is just family

The number of cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents adds up so quickly

12. As the older kids started going to college, family parties felt so weird

Even though there are so many of you, even with one person missing, it feels weird

13. You always had a huge fan section at important sporting event

No one in your family would ever miss the chance to see you play a big game

14. You never have to worry where your pet will go on vacation, because you know a relative will take them

Typically, always the same family does takes the job

15. You have to work around many different dietary restrictions when feeding everyone

Whether its vegetarian, lactose intolerant or gluten free it is simply impossible to make one dish that everyone can eat

16. You have more inside jokes than you can even remember with all your cousins

It is hard not to when you all spend so much time together

17. At family parties growing up, there was always more than enough people to form two teams in whatever games you decided to play

From a driveway basketball game to a round of Capture the Flag, you never had to worry about having enough people to play

18. There always seems to be a line for the bathroom at family parties

It is a miracle if you head to the bathroom and are able to just walk right in

19. You either babysat your cousins or they babysat you

The older cousins were used to be the designated babysitter for younger cousins and the younger cousins always knew when mom said "babysitter" she was referring to one of your cousins

20. You look forward to holidays because that means celebrating with everyone

Nothing is better than a family party