18 Things All BGSU Students Know Too Well

Bowling Green has secrets and inside jokes that all students are aware of. Do you want to be a part of the inside joke?

413
ToledoBlade

Bowling Green State University is a school filled with learning inside and outside the classroom. Each student experiences different things throughout their time here on campus. Friendships are formed and created all over campus. Friends share a lot of inside jokes. All BGSU students can relate to these inside jokes about our school.

1. The definition of Bowling Green: A 4 year party with a $75,000 cover charge

Most students here go out and celebrate a hard week's work on the weekends. Going out gets you to meet new friends and have fun experiences. There isn't a lot to do on campus on the weekends, unless you have a car to go out and do something.

2.This NIGHTMARE...

BG always makes student change their passwords. Go ahead students, hack into my account and do my homework, I will be really upset, NOT!

3. Some students go to church 3 days a week

Everyone knows what I'm talking about if you are a student that goes out on the weekends. You probably know what I'm talking about if you have snapchat and see random people singing old 90's songs.

4.Falcon Flame? More like falcon LAME! (just kidding i'm forever alone)

The seal in the middle of campus is supposed to be a magical place at midnight for couples to go and kiss at midnight. Legend is, if you and your significant other go and "seal" your love at this place, you will be lovers forever.

5. This Second NIGHTMARE

Photo Credits: Helen Thomson

Most students that live by the oaks will understand this place is a nightmare to walk across, especially on the weekends. Who thought it would be a good idea to put these grooves in the ground?

6. LOT 12

Sometimes walking to lot 12 is a bigger workout than actually going to the gym. This lot is so big and far from a lot of things on campus. No one feels like loosing their spot either, especially if your car is close to your dorm room.

7. The Death Chair

These chairs get to be very scary. If one leans back just a little bit, you will feel like you are about to fall. chances are freshman year you have taken a tumble in this chair with people watching.

8. Metamorphosis

This famous rock often is told it looks like female genitalia. no student really knows why it's here, but it sure does make our campus unique.

9. The best parties are...SHOWER PARTIES

Some of the dorms on campus have communal bathrooms. It's always fun to blast music and have someone to talk and sing with while you are all in your own separate showers. This is also another way to bond with friends.

10. The infamous rivalry between BG and TSUN (that school up north, that no one dares to say its name)

11. The Cookie Jar Vs. Insomnia Cookies

Which cookie place is better? The Cookie Jar or Insomnia Cookies? The city of BG will never know. everyone has different opinions on which place is better. Let's face the real facts, they are all cookies and cookies are good! So why argue about the best cookies when we could be eating them.

12. The union at lunch time is a straight up nightmare

Everyone is in the mood for lunch and has time for food at this time. The union becomes packed with people all trying to get food.

13. Ay Ziggy Zoomba

This is the unofficial fight song of BGSU. No one knows what it means, but we love to say it! This is our school's hype fight song that gets everyone in the mood for game day!

14. Fire drills...a horrible wake up call

Fire drills are bound to happen. It's pretty horrible when you are in the shower and the alarm goes off right as you're rinsing shampoo out of your hair. Trust me, I would know from experience. Also standing outside at 3 a.m. with people in your building in the middle of winter will get you to make friends with the person who decided to bring a blanket outside and be the smart, warm one.

15.Hungry after a night out? Taco Bell's got your back

Coming back from a wonderful night out can get you a little hungry. What is one place that is open that college kids can afford and is on the way home? TACO BELL!!

16. TORNADO? NO, that's just the regular wind here

The wind in BG is ridiculous. It will blow you everywhere. Want to have a good hair day, well...BG tells you "NOPE, NOT TODAY!".

17. The Squirrels!

The squirrels are sometimes so human like. They come up to anyone and everyone scaring the crap out of people that don't appreciate "wild" animals all up close and personal with them. the squirrels will eat anything they can find and often one can find them in the trashcans around BG.

18. 8ams are not fun, period

This is the exact expressions and actions that people perform when sitting in an 8 a.m. Especially on a Monday or Friday. 8ams are great because you can start your day early and often end your day pretty early, but waking up for them is the real struggle.

We love our school and wouldn't change the silly things about it! GO FALCONS!!