20 Signs You're Obsessed With Your Dog And OK With It
Nature Animals

They really are a man/woman's best friend.

154
Jamie Lewkowitz

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with my puppy, Bella. Even when she's doing crazy puppy things, she never fails to put a smile on my face. You can definitely label me as a "crazy dog mom," and I have no shame about it. Here are signs that you're a crazy dog parent that's obsessed with their four-legged friend too:

1. You treat your dog like a human child

Jamie Lewkowitz

You throw them birthday parties, put them in carriages for long walks, and bring them everywhere you go.

2. Your dog is all you can think about when you're out of the house

...so you got a camera to watch them on your phone when you're gone.

3. You talk to your dog like they are a real baby

We use that baby voice and rhyme their name with everything, especially words that don't really exist. You also have full conversations with them, expecting them to understand and answer back.

4. You watch your dog's every move

Pretty much, we're helicopter moms.

5. Your dog is your phone background

Jamie Lewkowitz

For me, my phone case too.

6. You have pictures of your dog all over your house and room

Like literally everywhere you look, there are pictures of your dog.

7. Your camera roll is 99% pictures of your dog

...and now you're out of space and need a new phone with more memory.

8. You can spend hours talking to people about your dog and looking at pictures of him/her

9. You show your dog's picture to people your barely even know

Isn't she sooooo cute?

10. You love hearing other people tell you how cute your dog is

11. You get annoyed and offended when other people talk about how cute their dog is

But you know your dog is the cutest, so you don't let them bother you!

12. You want to bring your dog everywhere with you

Jamie Lewkowitz

What? She's not allowed in my college dorm room?

13. You love watching your dog sleep

Jamie Lewkowitz

14. You don't even mind when your dog wakes you up at 6 am because they have to go to the bathroom

It's just more time you get to spend with them!

15. You get upset when they greet other people before you or sit with someone else

16. If your dog looks at you cutely, you can't help but give them a treat!

They don't even have to do any tricks or follow any commands!

17. They get more gifts than anyone else on their birthday/holidays

18. You can spend hours in the pet store picking out just the right stuff you think your dog will love

19. You spend more money on them than you do on yourself

Treats, food, toys… it all adds up! And before you know it, you're walking out of the pet store $100 poorer than you did walking in.

20. No matter what your dog does, you can't ever stay mad at them because they're your best friend and you can't help but love them more and more each and every day

Jamie Lewkowitz