20 Reasons A 20 Year Old Still Loves Disney World

How could you not love Disney World?

582
Tori Crowley

Yes, I am 20 years old. Yes, I am obsessed with Disney.The first time I went to Disney I was 8 years old and the last time I went I was 19 (it was in January). The next time I plan on going I will be 22 and be going with two of my cousins (I WILL BE ABLE TO FINALLY DRINK AROUND THE WORLD). Disney truly is the most magical place on earth, and if you do these 20 things in Disney, you will fall in love.

1. Dole Whip

Dole Whip is the best thing ever! It is a pineapple flavored ice cream float. There are other flavors available, but pineapple is the classic!

2. The amazing Decorations

If you are lucky enough to go during a holiday, go! All of the parks are completely decorated in the season. It is so pretty to see it all decorated.

3. The adorable characters!

The characters love to have fun! All of the characters stay in perfect character all the time. They just want to have as much fun as you!

4. You're treated like a Princess

Wherever you go in Disney, you are treated like a princess. Especially if you go on your birthday and you get a birthday pin! All the cast members will say happy birthday to you (you even get some free goodies in certain places).

5. Mickey Bar

If you go to Disney and didn’t get a Mickey bar, did you even go to Disney? There are little ice cream carts around the parks to get this delicious frozen treat, which is perfect for an Instagram pic.

6. The memorable Parades

In the Magic Kingdom, parades are always happening. When you see a parade happening, you really should take a moment to stop and watch because you get to see all of your favorite characters and amazing floats!

7. The dreadful, but fun ride lines

When in Disney, there can be some long lines. However, Disney makes the lines fun. Most rides have long hallways or entrances, in those, there are lots of things to look at or play with.

8. The Cinderella Castle

Cinderella's Castle is the first thing that many people think of when they think of Disney World. It is the center, main part of the Magic Kingdom and can be used as a cut through when you are feeling lazy, to see how magical it is, or to eat a meal. Cinderella's Castle is where characters perform a show, where wishes take place, where people propose, and where every takes a photo.

9. The collectable Pins

I have so many pins. When you buy pins in Disney, you can trade them with cast members. It is fun to see if you get Hidden Mickey ones or other rare ones.

10. Starbucks is always better at Disney!

When you go to Disney World you usually wake up early to go straight to the parks. Waking up early is hard and you usually begin to run out of energy after doing a bunch of rides, but....there is always a Starbucks near by!

11. They actually have real animals,too!

On the safari, all the animals are real! You are driving around in the jeep and get to be up close and personal with all of the animals and see them in their natural element…even if it isn't always PG.

12. The hundreds of rides

Every single ride in Disney is amazing. My personal favorites are Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan’s Flight, and of course It’s A Small World.

13. Main street ice cream

As soon as you get to the Magic Kingdom and you're on Main Street… GET ICE CREAM! The scoops are HUGE, plus it is really good.

14. MAKING WISHES

Wishes are the fireworks show that happens at Cinderella’s Castle at night in the Magic Kingdom. Each park has its own firework display including Disney Springs (AKA Downtown Disney). However, the ones at the Magic Kingdom is by far the best ones ever because the whole castle comes to life and it is breath taking!

15. You can get personalized ears

When in Disney, it is necessary to have a pair of ears. Ears can be bought throughout the parks in forms of hats and headbands. When you go, it is important to at least get one set that is personalized with your name on the back. I still have my first set of personalized ears years later.

16. It always feels like Christmas

Like previously mentioned, going to Disney during Christmas time is absolutely gorgeous. If you can’t make it during the holiday, it is okay because there is a store in the Magic Kingdom and one in Disney Springs that are Christmas 24/7. In these stores, there are so many Christmas decorations and ornaments that you will be put in the holiday spirit even if you go in the middle of August.

17. Get to see the world

Okay, even if it isn't the real world, it still seems real. Epcot has so many different countries and it is so fun to go around and see all of them. Seeing the different little stores in each country makes it seem like you are there even though you are in Orlando.

18. Rainforest Cafe

The Rainforest Cafe is a great cafe in Disney Springs. Every so often, it feels and sounds like you are actually in the rainforest surrounded by all of the animals. The tables next to animals are definitely the coolest ones. Plus, the food is amazing!

19. Details

In Disney World, everything is Disney. The smallest little details have Mickey Ears on them and even the bushes are made to look like characters. Even when you are rushing from ride to ride, take time to enjoy all the little things that make up Disney.

20. Always feel like a kid

When in Disney, all the memories of your childhood are revived.It is impossible to be sad in Disney since it is so magical!

Disney has so many great components but if you do all of the things I love about Disney, you will have a great time! When going to Walt Disney World, it can be overwhelming with everything there is to do.Hopefully, my 20 favorite things can help you figure out your favorite things!