20 Powerful Quotes By 20 Powerful Women

20 Powerful Quotes By 20 Powerful Women

"Girls compete with each other, women empower each other."

399
20 Powerful Quotes By 20 Powerful Women
Unsplash

If you're feeling unmotivated, uninspired, or discouraged, you're not alone. Women everywhere are being made to feel as if they're lesser simply for speaking their minds and living their lives the way they desire. We are incredibly fortunate to thrive in a world with so many influential, outstanding women.

It's important to have positive role models to look up to amid all the chaos, so here are 20 powerful quotes by 20 powerful women.

1. "I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all." — Coco Chanel

2. “I’m tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, Okay.” — Madonna

4. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt

5. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” — Jennifer Lopez

6. "Nothing will work unless you do." — Maya Angelou

7. “Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention.” — Pink

8. "You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it's important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages." — Michelle Obama

9. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story — I will.” — Amy Schumer

10. “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.” — Mother Teresa

11. “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” — Rosalynn Carter

12. "I don't like to gamble, but if there's one thing I'm willing to bet on, it's myself." — Beyoncé

13. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” — Anne Frank

14. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” — Margaret Thatcher

15. "We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced." — Malala Yousafzai

16. "Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats, but, they also get more notoriety when they crash." — Amelia Earhart

17. “A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.” — Carly Simon

18. "Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." — Gloria Steinem

19. "Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak. Sometimes you’re just strong enough to let go.” — Taylor Swift

20. "If you truly pour your heart into what you believe in, even if it makes you vulnerable, amazing things can and will happen." — Emma Watson