20 Places That We Wish Were In Tuscaloosa

But they aren't and we will continue to be sad until they are.

111

When it comes to living in a college town, the food situation can sometimes be a little bit lacking. While the usual suspects — you know, McDonald's, Zaxby's, Moe's Southwest Grill and the like — are all decent to cure the normal hangover, there are a few things that are missing in this college town.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I am starving or anything. It's just that sometimes, a girl wants what a girl wants. And I don't always feel like driving the 45 minutes to Birmingham to go get it.

It is true that Tuscaloosa has made a large number of improvements on the food situation. For example, we did just get a ton of new places like Burger-Fi, Chuy's and Fuzzy's Tacos. For any outsider, sure it looks like we're on the up and up. But there are still a number of restaurants that we are missing.

So I did what anyone would do and I took to a GroupMe that I have will all of my friends. It also just so happens to be called, "Senior Eat First." How fitting right? So, shout out to all of you for the help.

These are 20 restaurants that aren't in Tuscaloosa that we so desperately wish were here.

1. Whataburger

I mean, duh. I don't think I am the only one that is sick of driving to Birmingham just to get some Whata.

2. Einstein Bagels

What does a girl have to do to get a decent bagel around here?

3. Qdoba

Even though I am partial to Moe's Southwest, a little variety could be good around here.

4. Pei-Wei

Self-explanatory.

5. Shake Shack

Also self-explanatory.

6. Steak N' Shake

Again, another burger place with milkshakes that doesn't cost upwards of $15? Yes, please.

7. In-N-Out

*See above because it also fits*

8. Huey's BBQ

My friends from Memphis, Tennessee swear by this place. As much as I love Full Moon BBQ and Dreamland, something new could be cool.

9. Torchy's Tacos

If you're ever in Texas, or even if you're not, it is worth the drive. 10/10 would recommend.

10. Sprinkles Cupcakes

We need some better dessert places around here. Don't you agree? AND let's not forget the cupcake ATM.

11. True Food Kitchen

Need a really good, healthy option for dinner when you're not feeling the fast food? College kids would be all over this.

12. Whole Foods

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F09%2F12%2F636093100223963743-1554088802_okc_store.jpeg%3Fresolution%3D0&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=441&h=0abaabe7d7c82d1d8c00c8975c6bbc42b764734c270e6196ef1b7c163f601e06&size=980x&c=3060452391 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F09%252F12%252F636093100223963743-1554088802_okc_store.jpeg%253Fresolution%253D0%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D441%26h%3D0abaabe7d7c82d1d8c00c8975c6bbc42b764734c270e6196ef1b7c163f601e06%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3060452391%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

While we did just get a Fresh Market, Whole Foods could be an even better addition to ttown.

13. Nobu

Tuscaloosa is doing well in the sushi department, but what's one more option to throw into the mix?

14. Mi Cocina

Please just come to town. Mambo Taxi's on deck.

15. Blue Sushi

Again, see explanation for No. 13.

16. PF Changs

Only a 45-minute drive, yes. And a relation to Pei-Wei but still we could use some more upscale Chinese options here.

17. Cheesecake Factory

If Tuscaloosa ever wants a shot at Drake coming to visit us, we have to get a Cheesecake Factory. And again with the 45-minute drives. What is that about?

18. Insomnia Cookies

Back to the dessert dilemma. Insomnia is probably the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever had. And the good news is, they have about 12 other flavors to choose from.

19. Chop't

A place dedicated to salads only. Yes.

20. Potbelly

As good as a little JJ is at 2 a.m, Potbelly's is quite possibly the best sandwich I have ever had. Yeah, I said it.

Obviously, there are a lot of places that we missed in the GroupMe, but if we got these places then we would be on the path to true food success.